Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Theme Week - Leather Look 1

It's time for theme week! I haven't done one since moving back to FL, so I think I'm overdue. And I'm a day late since I didn't post yesterday so we'll just have to have a short theme week. So as you probably know, leather has been quite the trend so far this fall. I've been building my wardrobe with faux leather pieces (faux leather is cheaper and some pieces actually look like the real thing). I'm not at all opposed to wearing leather and fur. So if you have any issues with this, you may not want to follow my blog. In fact, I'd much rather wear the real thing but it's just not in the budget right now.


We'll start the theme week with this faux leather top I got from Bluefly. I'm not exactly crazy about the mesh back but with a camisole, it works fine for work. It does, however, feel like plastic but I had a $30 credit in my Bluefly account from a boo-boo (not a Honey Boo-Boo) that I used to bring down the cost significantly. I've ordered apparel from Bluefly before where a size L in a skirt actually meant a size 6. So I was a little apprehensive that this size L shirt would work. But I'm pretty pleased with the overall construction for a faux leather look. I'm still scouring the Internet for the real deal.



{Shirt: Bluefly. Buy it here. | Skirt: J. Crew | Shoes: Simply Vera Wang for Kohls | Necklace: J. Crew | Lipstick: Nars Dragon Girl}

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Love how you brought your colors together.. great necklace! I think the top looks very nice, and I know you will find many ways to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty - I think it will be pretty versatile.
      Niki

      Delete