Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Fashion at Forty

My blog is one year old today! And it's been quite a year. My original goal with this blog was to showcase a renewed interest in fashion after losing 20 lbs (32 total) and as a mechanism for coping with turning 40. Turning 40 was hard for me. But once it happened, eh, no biggie. And in about six weeks, I'll turn 41.

I'm at a good place in my life. We spent four years in Connecticut, enjoyed our visits into the city, experienced seasons, and then said goodbye to all of it to come home to family and friends. There are things I still miss about living up north (we do still own a house up there), but the tradeoffs are so worth coming back home. When the house does sell, we will start looking for our 'forever' home near downtown St. Petersburg.  We love the location and there is always something going on downtown. Plus, the houses are older and remind me of our house in Connecticut. Our dream home is a rennovated bungalow with backyard oasis (pool). Of course, we aren't opposed to a spacious condo located directly in downtown St. Pete. Anyone got $1.2 million we can borrow (or keep)?

I think I managed to capture almost every post picture for the entire year in the collage below. I only included photos from when I got my Canon Rebel for my 40th birthday. These pictures are a far cry from the earlier ones taken with my iPhone (at first in the restroom where I worked and then in our upstairs bedroom). And here's the post that started it all. There have been times when I've wanted to stop blogging. And when it becomes a burden rather than fun, that's when it's time to hang it up. But for now, I see no need.



Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. What a great post! Really enjoyed reading about your 1 yr blogging journey. My blog just started this November .. so I'll see where it goes from here.

    Monica
    http://www.pear-shaped-gal.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica. Good luck with your blog.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday. Enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A belated happy blog birthday hun

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy your blog! Thank you for taking the time to post!
    Love your collage of photos! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks! I appreciate that.
      Niki

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy. I tried to respond to your other sweet post but it never came through on the blog. Just through my email.
      Niki

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on a year! Thanks for sharing with all of us!

    ReplyDelete