Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Gobble Gobble

Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I am grateful for 2 days off of work! Whooo hooo!!! Okay, in all seriousness, I am grateful for... 2 flippin' days off of work! Being able to spend a couple of days doing whatever I want, and have the weekend, is very much a welcome break.

I am also grateful for being able to spend the holidays with my family. First time in about five years that I will be able to eat with my parents, grandparents, and sister. I'm in charge of the rolls (Sister Shubert's), cheesecake (homemade from Junior's Desserts cookbook - gotta bring a little slice of NY with me), cornbread casserole (2 degree separation from John Cougar Mellencamp - I kid you not), and I'm throwing in a veggie casserole (recipe from a cousin in PA). And because the best part of Turkey Day is the food, I have promised hubby that I will cook a mini Thanksgiving dinner for us to munch on all weekend.

So I wish you all a good, safe Thanksgiving. I have a childhood friend coming into town tonight that I'm excited to go have drinks with before the big meal tomorrow at my parent's house. I will see you all back here next week. Gobble Gobble.



{Blazer: Forever 21 | Top: Asos | Necklace: Ann Taylor | Jeans: Sears | Shoes: Vince. Buy them here. | Lipstick: Nars Dragon Girl.}

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving...sounds like you have a great one planned.

    I love the polished casual look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I feel most relaxed in blazers and jeans.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Enjoying your blog! I have two days off as well .. :-)

    Happy Thanksgiving,
    Monica
    http://pear-shaped-gal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to catch up on sleep.

      Delete