Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Think Pink

It was Think Pink Thursday at work yesterday in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month. And although I turned 40 in January, I have yet to get my first mammogram. So when the insurance kicks in next month, I will reestablish myself with my GYN in Tampa and book an appointment for a boob smoosh (not a Jersey Shore euphemism).

I am decked out in pink today. Wasn't hard to do as I have a lot of pink clothes in my closet. I'm a blonde, I love pink, what can I say? I went to Westshore Plaza last night in Tampa to return a skirt I ordered from Loft (it was too short at 17"; I prefer 21" or longer). Before I made my way there, I stopped in Ann Taylor as they were having 30% off clearance. I loaded up! This necklace (originally $88) was on final sale for $19.99 with add'l 30% off! I remember buying my yellow one (seen here) at full price with a small, in store discount. I loved it so much, I went back for the pink one but couldn't find it. It was so popular it ended up selling out of the stores and the website. So glad I waited.

I got two more necklaces, a short-sleeve button down black blouse, and these Riley shoes (in coral, not yellow) for $20! All it all, I spent less than $100. I then headed over to Loft to return my skirt. They were having a 50% off sale on everything until 7pm. I just made it to pick up a blouse. With the return of the skirt, I ended up getting $16 back! Sometimes it pays to wait until a season is over before stocking up on deeply discounted items.


{Shirt: Asos | Pants: Ann Taylor | Necklace: Ann Taylor | Shoes: Nine West Andriana | Lipstick: OCC Lip Tar in Boy}





Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute....inspiration for me to wear my one and only pair of cropped pants...hot pink, just like yours. This is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those pink pants! Oh, and I just nominated you for a blog award

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been nominated before but just didn't have the time to do this. Let me see what I can do as I appreciate you taking the time to nominate me. :-)
      Niki

      Delete
  3. I love the pants as well. Question: Do they have any elastic at the waist, or are they button/tab/zip/whatever it is these days? I just bought two pairs of pants at Kohls (Vera Wang)that are made of that polyester type material that doesn't need much care...just wash and wear. The reason for two? ELASTIC waist. They are slim leg with a sewn-in crease in the front of the leg and are incredibly comfortable but not jegging looking? Make sense?

    In any case, I have learned that if you find a basic that you really like, you should buy TWO. So I got red and black. I think they will really be a comfortable, fashionable addition to my wardrobe. But I digress.

    Just wanted to share my excitement with SOMEONE, and to say how fabulous you look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! The pants are 53% cotton, 41% polyester, and 6% spandex. They zip and hook up the front. I'm not a fan of the hook as I prefer a button. I also don't like pants that side zip as they typically aren't comfortable over my stomach pooch. Unfortunately, mine are dry clean only, which is where they are going tomorrow.

      Delete