Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Talihina Sky

I'm so glad I kept this leather jacket from Banana Republic. I bought it in my 20s and remember paying around $200. At the time I was making less than $30K/year and was a new and eager tech writer/trainer. So $200 was a lot of money to spend on one item. But man has it been worth it.

Of course there was a period of four fat years when I couldn't wear it. But now that I'm a size 10-12 up top, it fits just fine. And even though it's still in the high 80s here, it's always Sunny in Philadelphia freezing in my office.

Another rarity is tucking my shirt into my pants and wearing a belt. I have a hard time wrapping most belts around my belly pooch. This one is pretty old and was custom fit for me in Italy at the leather market in Florence (a trip I took when I turned 30). I prefer to buy structured shirts that don't need to be tucked in. I think it's a big girl security blanket to cover up problem areas. At least it is for me.

And I know I just wore this camo tank from Zara but I love it. Thought it would look cool with the pinstripes on my pants. Get used to this tank, I'm gonna style it up a lot more times before I'm done with it.

How beautiful was the sky this morning? After taking pictures, I had on a steady rotation of Kings of Leon's Talihina Sky (acoustic version from the movie) on my iPhone at work today. I'm also digging Jack White's Love Interruption and These United States' West Won. A little deviation from my usual alternative style.



{Jacket: Banana Republic (very old) | Pants: Gap | Shirt: Zara. Buy it here. | Belt: Italy (old) | Shoes: Nine West Andriana | Lipstick: MAC Lipmix in Burgundy. Buy it here.}


Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous leather jacket..love the look with the camo top, serious leather belt and long-legged striped pants ending with the high heels. Love the look..kinda edgy, but still has a lady-like look to it. Very flattering to your figure too. Last but not least - beautiful Florida sky too! (love your lipstick w/your light hair & dark jacket. A++)
    -I'm no fashion expert, by a long shot, but your look is pleasing to the eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Betty!
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Super great outfit! I LOVE that jacket. I'd say it was well worth the $200.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I really loved this outfit. Thanks!
      Niki

      Delete
  3. The jacket is just gorgeous...the color is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete