Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Skulls and Swans

How cool is this dress? Got it about a month ago when Dorothy Perkins was having a sale. Wish it was a tad bit longer and it swims up top (my slip was showing). Oh, okay let me go off on a tangent here about slips. I just wanted a basic black slip. You know, old school kind before all the Spanx knockoffs came out. Just a silky dress slip to provide a little protection from my sheer dress.  I went to three or four places before I finally found separates at Walmart.  Even then the bottom slip would peek out of my dress when I would stand or sit certain ways. But it was better than nothing and a lot more comfortable than my shape wear.

So back to the dress. It's called the Swan dress but when I looked at it last night I was delighted to find the little devilish skulls intermingled. I've always wanted to add a skull tattoo to my collection. So anytime I get anything with skulls on it, I'm thrilled. It's like a little rebellion without being too obvious.



 
{Dress: Dorothy Perkins. Similar dress here. | Shoes: Lord & Taylor | Blazer: Zara}


 
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. I bought the same dress for the exact same reasons. Love those skulls. It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last slip I got came from Belks. Do y'all have Belks that far south in Florida?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. The old people store. It's one of the places I checked. :-)

      Delete
  3. LOVE that dress and I really like the red(?) shoes with it! Super cute!
    Hilarious about the pedometer. And also, sigh. On your behalf.

    I had the same problem finding a slip when I was at Hilton Head this past summer. I went to two lingerie shops who looked at me like I was asking for a corset (actually they probably would have HAD a corset...) I think the one I have in my drawer was internet ordered from Victoria's secret, and a I found a decent half-slip at Target, sadly enough. It's very uncomfortable, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Burgundy shoes ;-) yeah finding just an old school slip is not an easy thing. I live in FL now. Full of old people - slip capital! C'mon!! ;-)

      Delete