Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Narciso Rodriguez for Kohl's

0620narciso-rodriguez-kohls_fa.jpg
I was super excited to read that Narciso Rodriquez is designing an affordable line for Kohl's. I've been a fan of his gorgeous clothes for many, many years and have never been able to afford anything from his line of clothing. His line for Kohl's will be available online and in stores in November.

I just hope his designs don't fall prey to shoddy craftsmanship like past designers for the sake of price. I am all for high-end couture designers making clothes for people like myself who cannot drop $600+ on one piece of clothing. And as I've stated before, Vera Wang had some interesting designs that I scooped up when she first started designing for Kohl's. But after a few years of being the main designer of women's clothing for Kohl's, her line is looking stagnant and tired. And I commented on how disappointed I was with Jennifer Lopez's sizing and sheer fabrics. The two tanks tops I bought for $8-10 from Rock & Republic left trails of sequins everywhere that my coworkers in Connecticut were still finding weeks after I wore the tanks (BTW - they are at Goodwill or in some other woman's closet now).

About the only line that has truly impressed me at Kohl's is Dana Buchman. And guess what? The prices on her pieces are higher. And I'm fine with that! I don't mind dropping $50 on a shirt that will last through several washings. And it looks like most of Narciso's line is priced at or about the $50 mark. His line includes peplums, color blocking, and prints in black, berry, and ivory colors. And it looks very promising.




 



Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I have to check this out! Thanks so much for posting. I haden't heard of it before (moving 2 states away and living in temp housing will do that, I suppose) I'm excited to see this collection! I did like the Missoni for Target line last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate to moving and living in an apt! I hope the collection is good!
      Niki

      Delete