Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Mint Collar

My sister thinks I have an obsession with decorative collars. That's probably true but you wouldn't know it by looking at my blog. I don't wear them as often as I would like. To me, they are like turtlenecks and I feel like a squatty turtle in them.

Take my Marni collar (does the shirt look familiar). I would love to wear it more often but just can't seem to find the right combos that don't make me feel like Barney Rubble. Some of them sit too high, some are too big, some too small, and some cut off my circulation (Zara!). So I have to be pretty picky with them. With the Marni collar, I didn't really have a choice as I never got the chance to see the collar in person before purchasing.

The one I have on today is from H&M and was stashed on the other side of a clothing display. I haven't seen it since in the mint color but have seen it in white recently. It's actually quite comfortable. Couldn't even tell I was wearing it today. Not once did I feel the little sequins rubbing on my neck. So kudos to H&M for making a comfortable collar. No kudos on the price. I think $25 is a bit high for an H&M brand collar, don't you?

Maybe it's because I'm a little money conscious right now. But being money conscious isn't so bad. It makes me really think about what I want to add to my wardrobe. Do I really need another pair of pink shoes when I already own three? Do I really want to spend $100 on one item when I'll still need to buy something else to add to it? Can the item I'm buying work with not one but several other items in my closet? Will it last through more than two washings? Is it comfortable? Dry clean, washer, hand wash, iron? So while we continue with double bills between FL and CT, I'll continue trying to come up with new combos of existing clothes, throwing in a new piece here and there.


 
{Shirt: Zara | Collar: H&M | Pants: NY&Co | Shoes: J. Crew}


 
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Barney Ruble..haha..you say the funniest things! I like the collar, it looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hits keep coming tomorrow. I'll be here all week. Remember to tip your waitress. ;-)
      Niki

      Delete
  2. This is adorable together. The structure of the top really compliments the collar... though sequins are never my first choice.

    ReplyDelete