Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fall comes to Florida!

Fall is here! Fall is here!

I've had this Zara blazer for about a month now but it's been too darn hot to break it out of the closet. Seems like the fashion bloggers up north have beat me to the punch in showcasing it. We had a cold and windy front come through Sunday evening, which brought about temps in the lovely 60s. I also had someone hack into my eBay account a few weeks ago and charge $71 in shipping for an item I already shipped before I left CT. I immediately called Paypal who escalated the issue and refunded my money within a week. Passwords have been changed but I haven't purchased anything through eBay since. I've been using eBay since the mid 90s and had never had a breach before. Because the money was refunded back into my Paypal account and not my checking account, when I bought this faux leather dress online from The Limited, the Paypal balance was used for the purchase. It's a size L but fits a bit weird. I wouldn't feel comfortable without a blazer over the dress. The top is fine but the drop waist makes me feel rather squeezy piggy like. That's never a good look. However, they were all sold out of the 14W on The Limited's sister site Eloquii (but not anymore! Buy larger sizes here).

While my house in CT is getting pummeled by Sandy, hubby and I have been glued to the TV and streaming live NBC CT newscasts all day. Unfortunately we really don't have anyone to reach out to to tell us if we've lost power, etc. We did swap numbers with the neighbor and I've asked my realtor to check on the place after the storm is over. My biggest concern is losing power with excessive rain. Basements are nothing to mess with when you have no power getting to the sump pump. So if anyone reading my blog is near West Haven, CT, please check on my sweet little house. And to all my fellow fashion bloggers up north, stay safe.

 
{Dress: The Limited | Blazer: Zara | Shoes: Bandolino Courteous. Buy them here. | Lipstick: Besame Cherry Red}


Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. what has been happening in the US is so dramatic! I keep my eye on CNN, BBC, etc....
    I am so sorry for you guys!

    talking about your outfits, I like the top and coat but the skirt is, dunno, not sure it goes with everything else....

    Love, Ylenia from Longuette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you and welcome to my blog!
      Niki

      Delete