Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Winter & Hope

This past weekend my family and I took a trip to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium to see Winter and the other mammals. I gotta say that I was a bit disappointed in Winter. I was expecting a little more activity out of her. The way she is promoted down here, "Girl Power," made me pumped up about seeing her. But when we got there, I just felt kind of sorry and sad that she's this carnival act that is funding projects for the aquarium. And the aquarium still looks run down, just like I remember it.

Winter doesn't wear her prosthetic tail all the time. In fact, it's just for rehab and we happened to be there on a day where they put it on her. It wasn't on for long, though.

The big attraction, in my opinion, was Winter's counterpart Hope. She was lively and fun to watch. I got some great shots of her in the air.

My nephew had a great time riding the trolley from the Harbor Center to the aquarium. He's really into trains but thought it was a bus he was on.

After we went to the aquarium and had funky, spicy hamburgers at a local cafe, I loaded up my car and my sister's car with my things. I was able to move up my move-in date to our apartment before the Labor Day weekend and I've been getting settled for the last few days. Just got cable and Internet today. Been watching DVDs on my laptop and surfing the net on my phone while I wait for technology. So my apologies for not being on top of it with responding to comments. Kathy - I owe you a response and thought I would work it into a blog post.

I'm also very excited about my closet. I finally have a walk-in with enough room with fit everything! I'll show it to you in another post coming soon.


 
 
 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment