Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Nurse Jackie Hair

It's hot. I have a lot of hair. It's fine, but there's a lot of it. And it keeps me warm in the winter, but makes me sweat in the summer. I'm serious. I sweat like a guy. And I think it's because I have all this hair on my head retaining heat. So off it went. I know some people will miss my longer locks but I've gotta do what's comfortable for me. I also get up an hour and a half earlier than I used to as I have set hours at work now. So cutting my hair has saved me about 10-15 minutes in styling each morning.

I'm also going blonder. I got my hair cut by a great stylist at the International Plaza. Tonight I'm going to get full highlights. Now that I'm back in Florida, it's fairly easy to find stylists who know how to do blonde highlights. Up in New England, the majority of women like that monotone dark brown/black hair color. As a result, I had a hard time finding anyone who would do highlights the color I wanted (white blonde). When my mom and I were at Fashion Night Out, I spotted a girl in MAC who had the white blonde highlights that I wanted and asked her for a referral.

So what was I going for with this cut? Nurse Jackie! I love how the character has grown out her short locks into a piecey pixie. I also have been envious of Gweneth Paltrow's short bob she had in 1996 when she would pull her bangs to the side with a simple bobby pin.

 
{Shirt: Zara | Skirt: River Island - Asos | Shoes: Pour la Victoire | Necklace: J. Crew}
 
 
Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. I love your hair. I think it frames your pretty face even better than before. Great skirt and dang, those shoes! I regret missing out on them on a couple flash sale sites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I really appreciate it!
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Love the hair! Very flattering! You could even go a bit shorter if you wanted!
    Loving the colors of your outfit...late summer/early fall all rolled into one! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I actually had it a lot shorter a few years ago (kate gosslin short) with it stacked in the back. What i might do is layer it more. Not sure yet. But I'm glad you like it. It's still 90 degrees here so no fall wardrobe yet.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. Niki

    Love love love the new cut! I've been on the fence about going shorter with my style....now you've inspired me to take the plunge! Ugh...on the fence, taking the plunge..excuse the mixed metaphors lol

    Hopefully, mine will be as successful!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie. Glad I inspired you to cut your hair.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. I think your haircut looks great on you. Love your outfit too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. Haven't heard from you in awhile. Everything ok?
      Niki

      Delete
  5. You look terrific Niki! Florida must agree with you :)
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT! The hair, the outfit, everything!

    ReplyDelete