Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Moving Time

My mom suggested that I take the long weekend to move into the apartment we rented for the next few months. I was originally supposed to move in on September 5 but was able to get in today. So at lunch, I go sign the lease and grab the keys. I'll then take the weekend to transfer my stuff from my sister's house to the new apartment.

My mom was kind enough to offer some basic necessities until husband comes down with the rest of our stuff the third week of Sept. I'm trying to see if I can fly up to help him drive down the truck but I have some obstacles. Getting to Hartford at midnight, driving one hour to West Haven, and then turning around and driving for 10-12 hours in a large moving van at 6am will be rough. Then there's Woozie. Anyone wanna watch her for two days? My mom is watching her the following weekend as we celebrate a big birthday for my husband. She was very gracious in getting us a condo on the beach for the weekend so that we can have a nice party and relax after all the moving. My husband's family is also flying down for the weekend and it will be the first time in three years that we've seen our three-year old nephew. He was a month old the last time we saw him. We've seen him from time-to-time via video chat and of course on Facebook pics. Our other niece and nephew are getting so big. Last time we saw them was at our wedding.

I gotta be honest. I'm just really over all the moving, planning, and paperwork that has resulted from this move to FL. Starting a new job, rooming with my sister, running home at lunch to let out the dog, trying to secure an apartment, providing my liver to the tax collector to get my Florida plates, getting up an hour and a half earlier than I'm used to and being in bed by 10pm, planning a birthday party, as well as trying to help my husband plan his move has really taken its toll. I'm so ready to just come home, put my feet up, drink a glass of wine and compete watch Jeopardy with my hubby.

It's funny how having all my clothes within eyesight instead of crammed in three closets and having to rely on my iPhone app to pick my clothes has triggered new a-ha moments of 'hey, this will match this!' And the good news, the new apartment has not one, but two walk in closets. And believe it or not, hubby has more clothes than I do!


 
{Shirt: J. Crew | Pants: Talbots | Shoes: Vera Wang for Kohl's. Buy them here.  Remember to use the 10% off code: "UBLOGTEN" | Necklace: J. Crew | Lipstick: Covergirl Hot Passion}
 
 
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Loving all your outfits - have awarded you the Liebster Blog award. Pop on over to mine to grab it if you have the time!! Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I've been without Internet all weekend. Waiting as we speak for the cable guy. As soon as I can get a moment, I will definitely check it out.
      Niki

      Delete