Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Dorothy Perkins Dress

This was the last dress I purchased from Dorothy Perkins a few months ago. Just not crazy about the lack of customer service offered to those in the US. Although I do like their prices and their choices in dresses. I believe I paid less than $50 for this dress. And I didn't realize it until I was packing up my clothes in Connecticut, but it's a 'tall.' I'm only 5'4" and would have preferred to have it hemmed a couple of inches, but I think it works.

It gets cold in my office so I did pair it with my black Forever 21 blazer for a very structured and professional look. Pair this dress with black heels and a black blazer and it could totally work for an interview.

I have quite a few plans lined up for the weekend. Red Robin has made its presence in Tampa and my sister is thrilled. I have a Groupon and a coupon for free onion rings. We're also going to see Winter the dolphin at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. I'm actually looking forward to it. My sister, brother-in-law, and I were just talking that we always remember the Clearwater Marine Aquarium as this run-down, rickety building. And we sure hope our $20 admittance fee shows a spiffier facility.

I'm also trying to get my move in date up'd a few days so that I can move into the apartment over the Labor Day weekend when I have a few helping hands, rather than on the original September 5 move date.

I would like to fit in a bit of chillaxing time as well.

 
 
{Dress: Dorothy Perkins | Shoes: Nine West Andriana | Lipstick: MAC Listering}
 
 
Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. I really like the longer length on you, it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very flattering dress. Black (or silver?) "high" heels might look very "dressy" as well.
    Good luck on the move! Enjoy your Labor Day holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true on the high heels. Thanks!
      Niki

      Delete
  3. the dress is fantastic.
    maybe you can cut 10 cm as the decoration repeat itself.
    I love the patters, great choice!

    Love, Ylenia from Longuette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'll probably just the the dress as is.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. So pretty on you!! Great dress!...I think it hits you in just the right place length-wise, anyway...true to the style, in my opinion. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Now that I see it in pictures, I agree on the length.
      Niki

      Delete
  5. I love this dress and I love the length. It's lovely.

    I've been settling into my new job as well. Started on Aug. 20th. I'm so busy in my new job that I barely get time to check blogs. Well, I never get time to check my favorite blogs (of which yours is one!). Anyway, I can relate to you in so many ways these days even though we're several hundred mile apart (I'm in PA). Trying to figure out the overall tone of the place, getting to know new people, etc.

    One thing I've noticed that I wanted to tell someone about (and you're that someone...feel honored?) is that since I've been too busy at work to read the millions of fashion blogs that I used to, I am more interested in finding comfortable clothes that look nice but aren't necessarily on the cutting edge of fashion. I was so BORED in my last job that I kind of threw myself into fashion to keep life interesting, but since starting my new job, I am less concerned about fashion these days and just need basic pieces that I don't have to think about. Ironically, everyone at my new job dresses more stylishly than at my old place. But I find myself looking more for high quality basics than fast fashion (although I'm going to H&M this weekend because I have a 20% off coupon). But I digress.

    I'm just grateful that you continue to post and that I have found someone I can relate to. Keep up the GREAT work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      So sorry for taking so long to reply. As you can imagine, it's been a little hectic getting settled into a new job and moving from CT into a bedroom in my sister's house, and then into an apartment two weeks later. This is the first weekend, I've had some down time and I'm catching up with emails, getting organized, and grocery shopping, etc.
      I understand about checking blogs. My job has been pretty busy as well. And I don't have the luxury anymore of being able to look at blogs at work. I also feel like I've gone a bit backwards in my position as I'm showing people how to create styles in Word vs. documenting complex technical procedures. But maybe I can use it to my advantage.
      Since we are basically doubling our bills (mortgage + rent + utitilies between house and apartment), I haven't had the luxury of being able to buy what I want when I want. I've been having to make my closet work and look at new pairings. I've also noticed that although people do dress up nicer at my job, their outfits are rather boring and bland. I think they think I'm some weird alien in some of the getups I come to work in. Of course they love my shoes. But no one can relate to my stripes and prints pairings. So I feel a little out of place. It's as if everyone shops at Marshalls and Macy's. It's all very matchy-matchy. Even when I went with my mom to Fashion Night Out and was deciding on more comfortable shoes, my mom said, 'you always have to match the color on the top with the color of your shoes.' I looked at her and said, 'um, no. that's simply not true. you can do whatever you want. there are no rules that you need to abide by.'
      I totally get what you are saying about being bored and throwing yourself into fashion. I was bored where I worked and where I lived. I now feel like I have my life back and there are some more important things than fashion right now.
      But I will try to keep up this blog and find new ways to present things. Although I am losing followers, unfortunately. But that's the life of a blog. You lose some and then you have a few great posts and you gain some. :-)
      Niki

      Delete
  6. Loving the print on this dress, it look fab. Stunning cut too.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ms favorite outfit So far. you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your nice comment.
      Niki

      Delete