Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Asos Bloom

I saw this shirt on asos.com and loved the rich jewel tones of navy and green.  I probably could have gone with a size 10 instead of a 12 but it's hard to judge clothing when you buy it online. My sister doesn't buy clothing too often online for that very reason. So let me segue into what we did this weekend. Sister loves my jeans. So Saturday night we went to a local mall that has kind of gone downhill since I left. She found the same jeans in quite a few sizes smaller that I wear (I'm curvy, she's got a straight figure). They looked terrific on her.

She also picked out an orange, belted dress but was concerned about the length. I told her to try it on with the jeans as she gave me a funky look. "Trust me," I said. It looked fantastic on her as a tunic. And we accomplished what we set out to do. "I need outfits to match two pairs of shoes." I'll take some pictures of her and feature her outfit in an upcoming blog. Can't wait. She looks so cute in her outfit.

But on to today's outfit. The weather was nice on Friday morning when I took these pictures. As I sit here writing this on a Sunday evening, it's windy and rainy as we are awaiting Isaac's arrival. School is closed tomorrow so sister and husband get the day off. Guess where I'll be?


{Top: Asos. Buy it here. | Jeans: Inked & Faded. Buy curvy version here. | Shoes: Vera Wang for Kohls. | Lipstick: Hourglass Fever. Buy it here.}
 
 
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Hope you stay safe. That floral shirt is beautiful - love the color combo!

    xo, sam

    **Style of Sam**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sam. I love this shirt!
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Hello,

    Hope you are having a good week! My name is Stella Rafaelidys and I am working with Kohl's Department Stores, making sure that they are accurately and effectively represented online. I wanted to talk to you regarding this post, http://fashionatforty.blogspot.com/2012/08/asos-bloom.html#comment-form If you could send me an email I would much appreciate it!

    Best,
    Stella
    stella.rafaelidys@performics.com

    ReplyDelete