Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Riviera Gone Wrong

I had such high hopes for this dress. It was so cute on the ModCloth site and for the most part got great reviews. Unfortunately, it makes me look about four months pregnant in person (in the pics I look okay). Ugh. Damn poochy tummy. The bain of my ability to be one size smaller.

It's supposed to tie in the back, but I tied it in the front to try and hide the faux baby bump. Not even my cheapy knock-off Spanx could help. I was going to turn this dress into a whole nautical/French Riviera gondola ride. Instead, I threw on an old short-sleeve Gap cardigan (it's hot out there) that I can wrap around my embarrassing protrusion. It was all downhill after that as I slipped into my "dressy" FitFlops and headed out the door this morning. Oh well, it's the day before a major holiday. There's only a handful of people at work anyway.



{Dress: ModCloth. Buy it here. | Shoes: FitFlops. Buy them here. | Cardigan: Gap (old) | Necklace: Thrifted | Lipstick: Besame Cherry Red. Buy it here.}


Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. I think the dress looks great I understand what you are saying though; if you don't think it looks good in reality, it's probably not a happy dress for you. It is adorable. I wonder if you could close the card and belt over that? Would love to see you find a way to make it work so you can keep it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that would work with this dress. I think the material is just too thing and the proportions are off on this dress. Of course, I can always turn it into a tunic over jeans!
      Niki

      Delete
  2. You look great! The cardigan over the belted dress is similar to a Stella optical illusion outfit!! Very chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time by your blog and I think the dress is adorable on you. I do NOT see the tummy protusion you're describing and think you look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. We take roughly 80 photos each day and then I weed it down to about 5-7 photos with more flattering angles. ;-)
      But thank you for your lovely comments.
      Niki

      Delete