Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Life Changes

So sorry I've been MIA for a couple of days. I was actually out of town until late Monday night. Flew down to Florida for a couple of interviews (wore my Vince color block dress and black Zara blazer). I've actually been interviewing down there since mid June. After interviewing with three companies, I was offered a technical writer position.

The next few weeks will be hectic and I may not be able to post every day. Please bare with me while we get settled in Florida. Don't go anywhere. I still have clothes and fashion opinions to share with you. I start my new job in August and will be traveling down there the week prior. Hubby is staying in Connecticut to finish some house projects and will be joining me a few weeks later. It's going to be a couple of months of chaos and excitement, but we are finally going home.


So on to the outfit! I've had this Zara blazer for a couple of months now. Saw it online and then snatched it up after seeing it on Atlantic-Pacific. And the dress is fast fashion from Asos. When I walked outside today, my husband said, 'You look spring-y,' which was the exact same way my co-workers described my outfit. The lipstick is new. Picked it up at MAC in Tampa over the weekend. Quite Barbie doll-ish but I think it works nice with the outfit.


{Dress: Asos | Blazer: Zara | Shoes: J. Crew via eBay. Buy other colors here.  | Lipstick: MAC Impassioned. Buy it here.}
Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job and the relocation to your new/old home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new job.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Niki! Onward & Upward!!
    Outfit looks great. Love these colors on you.
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. I appreciate it!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on everything!!! You must be thrilled. What will your husband do? What about his job?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very thrilled. Hubby works from home. Turns out his boss lives in the Tampa Bay area. They are thrilled to have him come down to FL. His company is based in Orlando.
      Niki

      Delete
    2. That works out perfectly! Good for you.

      Delete
  5. 1. Love the look, especially the turquoise shoes. Very cute!
    2. I like how you described the dress as "fast fashion" -- I think it's interesting the way you are digesting the information from that book and look forward to seeing the evolution in your own choices. I loved your point about how you were forced into classic choices when you were heavier and that indulging yourself now is a celebration. More to say about that but maybe I should write my own blog post. :)
    3. Congrats on getting yourself relocated! So excited for you! We are trying to move home also (from California to Georgia, yikes) and hope we see success as fast as you did. Best wishes on your transition, and I'll be watching for you to come back!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The shoes hurt my feet. LOL!
      I still have some fast fashion items in my closet that I haven't shown yet. However, I'm turning a lot more to myhabit and gilt.com for designer duds and shoes. However, I don't know how much I'll be able to buy in the next couple of months. I do, however, have a Zara in Tampa that I frequented this past weekend. I will continue to buy from Zara and J. Crew as I think their quality is better than old navy, gap, asos, and forever 21.
      I'm excited to be moving but it's also nerve wracking. So much to do. The move was good for my hubby and I. Gave us some quality time together. But I just never adapted up here and neither did he. I will miss NYC but I can always visit. Good luck getting back to GA. Nothing like Southern cooking. Although I do like the restaurants and no humidty out in CA. Not to mention how beautiful northern CA and San Diego are.
      Niki

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! I am looking forward to your posts from Clearwater. I live in Tampa and would like some inspirational photos on what to wear in this blazing heat!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be prepared for a lot of lightweight stuff. LOL! I'm sure my blazers will have to wait until Dec - Feb. But how I dress now (during summer in CT) is pretty much how I used to dress for work when I lived in Tampa. I wore a lot of open toed shoes and lightweight blazers with short sleeve or sleeveless dresses/shirts. But I still plan to show you fall fashion options. I don't think my style will change that much. I may just have to wear lighter options.
      Niki

      Delete
  7. Clearwater! Congrats. Love the gulf coast. And you'll have chic-fil-a again. :) I am also interested to see how you dress in the heat. I only follow one other southern fashion blogger.

    ReplyDelete