Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Independence Day

Happy 4th of July!! Seems to be the week of mullets, eh? I just love this hi-low tank from Asos. I actually wore it to run errands this past weekend and received a compliment on it.

Hubby and I have a food tradition on July 4th. We got together at the end of June five years ago and our first weekend and holiday together was July 4th. Hubby lived in a cool loft in Tampa with a yucky community grill. So I bought a little table top one to make baby back ribs for him. It's his all time favorite dish that I make. I also make corn bread casserole, which is a recipe I got from a co-worker at Arthur Andersen. Her husband was a guitar player for John Cougar Mellencamp. I joke that I was three degrees of separation from JCM. The other dish I make is French Onion brown rice casserole. Can you tell I'm southern with all the casseroles?

So we're going to have a little party with a few co-workers with ribs, casseroles, and vino. And then hubby and I are taking a couple of days off and having a mini vacation. So enjoy the rest of your week and I'll see you back here on Monday.



{Tank: Asos. Buy it here. | Shorts: Old Navy. Similar here. | Shoes: Keds. Similar here. | Puppy: My own (lol).}


Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Have a nice mini vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy you are so right in just how completely unflattering & horrifying those mullet tee's are!
    We all had a fun giggle over it though - you are such a good sport for trying to style those awful things for our benefit.
    Have a great mini-vacation yourself. We're taking the big sailboat out to do some deep water sailing for our holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane,
      While I appreciate your opinion, I actually adore the hi-lo trend and will continue to feature it on my blog.
      Niki

      Delete
    2. Oh yikes! i didn't realize you were serious in that you actually liked this look. My apologies.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Clara. That's what I was going for.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. Really like your outfit, looks beautiful! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete