Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Green Theme Week - Look 4

You know how some things look so cute online but then you get them through the mail and go, "uh, that's so not cute. What is that? A robe?" Well that's how I feel about this cheap piece of Daisy Fuentes excuse of a top. Oh, and it's going right back to Kohl's. While I love the color and the unique design, it just doesn't execute well enough for me to keep it. It wasn't that expensive ($13 if I recall), but I don't need another piece of cheap fast fashion hanging in my closet to be worn once, maybe twice before I put it in the consignment pile.

And when will I learn that these pants are navy, not black? Ai chihuahua!

It was so humid this morning for pictures that I had to put my hair up. Humidity and my hair do not get along well. If Florida can just take care of that aspect before we move back down, I'd appreciate it!

As I was flipping through the TV channels last night, I came across the last 10 minutes of J. Crew & the Man Who Dressed America. I really wanted to see it in its entirety but can't seem to find it airing again. Can't see it online either. I'll just have to keep searching. And as I sat watching the last few minutes, I looked at my husband and said, "If you ever are in need of a gift idea for my birthday or Christmas, you can always, always resort to J. Crew." I think the second "always" really brought home my point.



{Shirt: Daisy Fuentes. Buy it here. | Pants: Asos. Buy them here (under $20!). | Undershirt: Zara | Shoes: Franco Sarto | Lipstick: Hourglass Fever. Buy it here.}


Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. I need those shoes...recent purchase?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No unfortunately. Last year at either Marshalls or TJ Maxx.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Yes, GREAT shoes!!! Are they comfortable?

    The shirt doesn't look that bad. I really like the whole color combination you've got going on. But props to you for sending the shirt back and not letting it linger in your closet. I think we're probably all being more mindful of our purchases since we've had such great discussions on here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traded the shirt for shoes! Check them out tomorrow. :-)
      Niki

      Delete
  3. We live in coastal SC & have a place in the lower Keys, so I feel your pain regarding hair & humidity. Best products ever for that - Living Proof No Frizz. Not cheap but oh so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen that product in Sephora. Which one do you recommend? I currently use Kerastase Oleo Relax products, Chi serum, and Rusk Thermal Spray.
      Niki

      Delete
    2. They have a line of products for keeping hair straight & a line to keep curls curly. All of their products don't contain silicones. Silicones it turns out don't do much to prevent humidity-hair. I have curly hair & the Living Proof No Frizz spray keeps my curls from becoming frizzy. When I straighten my hair - I switch over to the straightening spray & it works just as good too!

      Delete
  4. LOVE the shoes, and also, really love the bangs and when you pull your hair back. And I agree, the top is not really that great, although the idea of it is cute.

    I started reading Overdressed last night and I feel the same way I felt after reading Garbology by Edward Humes. Like something that should have been really obvious is being pointed out to me. Thanks for the great recommendation, I'll be posting a review on my blog when I finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy. I'll add Garbology to my list as well. I think I've received 3 recommendations so far for additional books. Yay!
      Niki

      Delete
  5. Hi Niki, The CNBC piece on Mickey Drexler was on a while back & my sweet husband DVR'd it again this week...thinking I hadn't seen it but had...twice! Anyway, like J. Crew sale items, I bet this will "pop" back again. If I see it coming up, I'll let you know. BTW, there were no revelations per se to J. Crew devotees but it was still fun and J.Crew Aficionada got a mention. Mickey blahblahed about holes in t-shirts...yet still not fixed as we all know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you live near CT so I can come by, cop a squat, have you cook me a meal while I watch your TV? ;-)
      I'll keep my eye out for it. I'll keep checking the website for when it might air again. Yeah, don't buy tissue tees unless they are on mega sale. You'll only get a couple of wearings out of them. But maybe you'll get lucky and only get a hole in the back near the neck like the one I bought at the thrift store. :-)

      Delete
  6. Too funny & yes, I would indeed have you over if we lived closer!! What a blast!
    BTW, I don't get to Mohegan Sun often, was there two weeks ago. and was amused you were there last week.
    Only buying the St. James T's on sale. Forgot to mention, Mickey also babbled about the quality of the cashmere. There's an area I could go on & on. My question to him is why the magical holes sometimes and always in the same spot. I take such good care of my stuff & it doesn't happen with other cashmeres. And, it's not the dog jumping up on me!
    Last, I forgot to write & say I do enjoy your opinions on various topics & it is great to get it out there. Again, please keep up the good work.
    Hope you have a great weekend Niki. Really humid again up here today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's too funny. We only go to Mohegan about 2-3x/year. I can't leave w/out getting a Nappa Valley burger from Bobby's Burger Palace.
      I haven't bought any cashmere from J. Crew. The cheaper cashmere itches. Me and wool are not a good mix.
      I appreciate your kind words regarding my posts, Carol. And yes, it's quite humid here today. Blech.
      Niki

      Delete