Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Tunic Dress

The last time I wore this dress was on Valentine's day. I wasn't quite sure how else to wear it because it's a short dress that sort of hugs my frame. But for some reason, it was the necklace that made this outfit come together.

I bought the necklace at Banana Republic during the Trina Turk launch a couple of weeks ago (no longer available online). The green is a perfect match for this dress, which I decided to pair with cropped pants today for a tunic look. I like the tunic look and think I'll start wearing more dresses this way.

I used to wear a lot of Donald Pliner sandals. They were readily available in department stores down south. Up here, not so much. I've never seen Donald Pliner sandals in any store up here. However, I only have a couple of pairs left in my collection (used to have more - sold them on ebay). Why? The hard heel bed hurts my feet. These shoes (and their sparkly counterparts) are so cute on the feet but make my feet ache at the end of the day.

It seems while I was in FL, my hydrangea sprang to life. I was only gone 3.5 days! I have to say it was really nice waking up to full sun in the mornings while down there, rather than dreary gray skies like today. And it's always hardest the day after I return to CT. I don't feel like talking to co-workers or being social at all. It usually takes me a day to adjust not being near my family and then I return to my usual routine.


{Dress: Missoni for Target | Pants: Ann Taylor. Similar here and here. | Sandals: Donald Pliner. Buy them here. | Necklace: Trina Turk for Banana Republic | Lipstick: MAC Girl About Town. Buy it here.}


Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. I'm loving the colour combination and the necklace is fab. I can understand you missing your family, it's never nice having to leave them.

    X c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hopefully I can visit more often. :-)
      Niki

      Delete
  2. So cute; I love the ethnic feel to the outfit. The necklace is great; pulls it all together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think about my outfit looking ethnic or tribal, but now that you mention it, I guess it does. Cool!
      Niki

      Delete
  3. Just catching up after being away from a computer for 10 days. This outfit is FABULOUS! I LOVE the dress. Just...wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy! Hope you had a nice time away.
      Niki

      Delete