Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Tunic Dress Again

Yep that's right, I'm just gonna keep seeing how many of my dresses I can reinvent as tunics cause I'm really digging the look. It's like my dresses have become brand new shirts, expanding my current wardrobe without spending a penny. Gotta love that!

I'm trying to be more careful with my spending on clothing these days. I still have a lot of new items that I can show you but I'm trying to also stockpile some coin so we can make a move to Florida by next spring or sooner. I'll let you know if I put some things up on ebay as well. And speaking of ebay. I've been using ebay since the late 90s. I've bought and sold numerous things. However, I didn't know about the 'save searches' feature until I came across Magpie Style's website. What a cool feature! You basically do a normal search for what you want and then click Save Search right next to the result count. You can also indicate if you want a daily email showing you newly added items. Genius! Have I been living under a rock?

And I gotta tell ya, this whole tunic and pants thing is so much more comfortable at work then trying to tug at my dress all day so as not to expose my mysterious lady parts.




{Dress/Tunic: Old Navy. Similar here. Cute retro version here. Hi-low here. | Pants: JCP. Buy them here. | Belt: Asos. See this post for similar ones. | Necklace: Asos | Bracelet: Banana Republic | Shoes: Donald Pliner. Buy them here.}


Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. Really cute; you are so creative!

    I have also resolved to remix my outfits and slow down the spending. Great news on the future Florida move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my spending has gotten a little out of hand and I have to reel it in a bit. But not to worry, I still have a lot of new items and can mix and match the heck out of my wardrobe. Plus in this economy, I think a lot of women would like to see how to reuse and reinvent their wardrobes.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. I have never been a great fan of tunics but in these days I am changing my mind as they are very versatile and you can accessories them in many different ways, right?

    Love, Ylenia from Longuette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! And 'tunic' isn't just relegated to the typical Tory Burch look. It can be any long shirt or dress that has sleeves or is sleeveless.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. This is a great look, I love the way you dress for your body type! My only suggestion is to purchase a more substantial style watch. The boyfriend watch style. I am seeing visions of green. I love the green, I think I will be obsessing about green after seeing your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your suggestion. I actually have a huge white ceramic Guess watch that I wore consistently for a year and a half. Unfortunately during that time my lovely Cartier was not stored properly and I ended up having to replace the guts of the watch to the tune of $400. Almost twice the amount than the cost of the usual Michael Kors watch, which I think is seen too much on other fashion bloggers' websites. I adore my Cartier. It may not be the trend right now, but it's a little piece of luxury on my wrist.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. This is when F21 leggings are good. Great for under those questionable length dresses. Love your stripes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not so sure I could squeeze into those. LOL! F21 cuts their pants pretty small. But Target has some great leggings that come in all sizes! :-)
      Niki

      Delete
  5. i have this same belt!!! but mine is black...thanks for reminding me i need to wear it!!!

    xoxo, jenn
    the stylish housewife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this belt and wear it more often than I thought I would.
      Niki

      Delete
  6. I am also doing the tunic look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an awesome look, I adore the way you dress for your body sort! My lone proposal is to buy a more considerable style watch. The beau watch style. I am seeing dreams of green. I cherish the green, I think I will fixate on green in the wake of seeing your post.

    Available Skirts and Dress

    ReplyDelete