Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Travel Outfit

So this is the outfit I wore to travel to Florida. I wanted to be comfortable on the plane (I have a wrap I carry with me as well) but didn't want to be completely sweltering when I landed in Tampa. These broken-in chinos from Gap are lightweight and fairly comfortable. I say fairly because I have the navy blue and neon pink broken-in chinos and they are much more roomy. Gap and Old Navy are not very consistent in their sizing, unfortunately.

The top I got this past weekend at Forever 21. I thought it would go with these pants, but the color was off. And Forever 21 doesn't do returns, just exchanges. Ugh! Oh well. Pair it with white. Everything goes with white!

I'm so excited that the hydrangea plant I bought and put in the ground three years ago is getting so big and tall and full of beautiful blue flowers. Hydrangea is one of my favorite plants and I could never grow them in Florida (the heat and sun burn them up). So be prepared to see a lot of them in upcoming photos now that they are blooming. The white daisies are right next to them (and in the back where I replanted them to make room for the hydrangea). You'll see them in July.


{Shirt: Forever 21 | Pants: Gap. Similar here. | Shoes: Keds. Similar here. | Necklace: J. Crew | Sunglasses: Ray Bans. Buy them here. | Lipstick: Covergirl Hot Passion. Buy it here.}



Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. This is a great summer outfit! I need to get a chambray top, and glad to know they have them at F21! Your hydrangeas are beautiful - I have a black thumb so nothing stays alive at my house!

    xo, sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I had a black thumb until I moved up north. I think the heat just killed a lot of the things I tried to plant in FL. My sister and her husband took me to their co-op planter last night where they are growing sweet potatoes, peppers, and herbs. My nephew likes to squirt the hose, but not on the plants. ;-)
      Niki

      Delete
  2. You look very comfy. It seems that you do quite of bit of traveling! Have great trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it just seems that way since I've had two back-to-back trips. I haven't been back home to Tampa since last Oct. Way overdue on a trip here. But I am just loving the sunshine. And seeing my nephew eating mini Nilla wafers right next to me and saying, "Nay Nay cookie?" Just precious. And appearently my sister and I giggle quite a lot when ordering coffee at Starbucks. "I could hear you girls all the way in the back. What are you two giggling about?" Love me some sister time.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. Fashionable and comfy, exactly what you need when you fly I find. And you look great.

    Have a fantastic time.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're enjoying your mini vacation! Definitely a good travel outfit. We're leaving on Wednesday for Vegas and it's supposed to be over 100 there. I don't want to be hot but the I worry about freezing on the plane. Definitely taking a couple scarves/wraps with me this time.

    I've got a spot where' I'm going to plant a hydrangea when I get back from vacation. I just love how they flower pretty much all summer long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plane ride down was pretty chilly and I'm glad I had my wrap with me. However, I didn't need it for the packed flight home in which I had a middle seat and no possession of the armrests. I think there should be a plane rule - if you are the unlucky soul to occupy the middle seat, you get the armrests to yourself. After all, the end and window seats have their own armrests as well.
      Niki

      Delete