Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Skater Dress

Nope, it's not neon pink week. Sorry. After two days of neon, I just couldn't do another day.


I absolutely love the look of skater dresses. But I didn't think with my full figure that I could pull one off. After all, I try to steer clear of flared skirts. I prefer curve hugging pencil skirts. But I was in H&M a few weeks ago and thought I'd try this dress on. I was pleasantly surprised with the fit. I was also worried about the higher 'empire' waist, but it's not too bad. And it's in mint green. Double love!


Let's talk about the shoes, shall we? I've had them for eons. I bought them in a swanky Vegas boutique several years ago. They were marked down under $200. They are luscious and uncomfortable. The little straps do nothing to hold in my feet when walking, which is probably why they don't get a lot of use. But they are fantastic looking!


{Dress: H&M | Shoes: Vera Wang | Jacket: Asos | Necklace: H&M | Lipstick: J. Crew Poppy King. Buy it here (on sale).}
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. I adore this outfit, despite the nonfunctionality of the shoes. That dress looks great on you. I am headed to H&M tomorrow because I've seen so many great pieces on blogs lately and I can't believe what I've been missing. Maybe I'll find your dress. Does it have sleeves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. Yes, it has short sleeves. Zips up the back and comes with the pink belt.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. That dress is adorable on you. I love the mint and pink together. The necklace is the perfect touch. Cute, cute, cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I'm really starting to love that necklace. Can't wait til my mint green bauble necklace arrives from Baublebar. :-)
      Niki

      Delete
    2. Now I'm going to have to check Baublebar!

      Delete
    3. This is the one I ordered: http://baublebar.com/index.php/fashion-jewelry/jewelry-necklaces/spearmint-bauble-bib.html
      Niki

      Delete
  3. This is adorable on you. Love the necklace and shoes, too. However impractical, the shoes are really cute. :). Would love to see this dress without the jacket- does it have cap sleeves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristten. Sorry I didn't show the sleeves. They are short sleeve but not cap sleeves. Just like on a tee shirt.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. Love those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I worship this outfit, in spite of the non functionality of the shoes. That dress looks awesome on you. Love the necklace and shoes. Really great post. Thank you very much..

    ReplyDelete