Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Scarf Print Neons

Are you sensing a pink neon theme week here?  I don't know if I have enough pink neon in my closet to do a full theme week, but I'll give it a try. That's why it's not an official theme week. Plus I might go blind with all this neon mid-week and have to resort to some black garb.

Had a nice comment from reader Cindy on my neutral makeup look from my concert post. I'm noticing that with a bit of a tan, I'm liking my neutral lip and smokey eye makeup a bit more. I still like my winged eyeliner and bright lip, but this is a nice change. What do y'all think? Which do you prefer?

As the neon trend seems to be lingering around for awhile, I'm digging some recent additions to my closet, such as the tank from yesterday and these chinos from Gap. Have you tried their broken-in chinos? I own 3-4 pairs (here's my first pair) and I have to say they are quite comfy. I judge pants by how much give they afford me when I sit. I tend to 'spread out' a full size when I sit (damn hips). The other thing I look for is plenty of room for the perpetual baby I've been carrying in my tummy since I was six years old. If the pants have give in the hips/butt/stomach, they are a keeper.


{Blouse: Zara | Chinos: Gap. Buy them here. | Shoes: Donald Pliner | Lipsticks: MAC Half n Half + Blankety.}
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. I am too shy and not adventurous when it comes to bright colours. byut this outfit is divine and the colours supercute on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks! There are some soft neon colors out there that don't scream 'Look at me.' LOL! You should give it a try. It brightens the mood. :-)
      Niki

      Delete
  2. This color combination is perfect. I would never have thought to do this, but the outcome on you is adorable. That top will be so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lisa. Yeah the top could go with a bunch of stuff. And in my Closet iPhone app, I have it paired with A LOT! :-)
      Niki

      Delete
  3. I LOVE your neutral makeup too! I was thinking that when i read your concert post a couple days ago, and now here it is again. I am really loving your hair, also (especially in the concert post). It is getting longer! You look great. Love the pink pants. Keep the inspiration coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie! Yeah, the concert post was good because it was sunny in the morning and low humidity. When it's humid and cloudy, the pics just don't turn out as well. I need to explore the cloudy setting on my camera. I'm so glad my hair is getting longer (although it's a pain to blow dry and straighten all the time - not to mention how damaged the front section is. It's breaking off pretty bad). I'll definitely incorporate a more neutral makeup look into more of my posts.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. Love this look and your gorgeous makeup in this post! You eyes are already beautiful but they really stand out the way you did your eyes!

    xo, sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sam. I didn't think the makeup turned out that great that day. Could have been the dreary overcast weather, though. Pics never seem to come out very well when it's gray and cloudy. I'd much rather take pics in sunny weather but be in the shade to get better lighting.
      Niki

      Delete