Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Metal Mania

I have to be honest. All I really wanted to showcase today is my fabulous belt. I've had it for about a month now and have been dying to wear it. It's not typical of the kind of belt I'm usually drawn to. I'm not big on spikey belts and could have done without the spikes. But they don't go all the way around so I can deal with a few of them.

What prompted the purchase of this belt from Asos? Seeing magazine ads of shiny, metallic bar belts from Calvin Klein. I have yet to find one website that carries and sells this belt. However, there are a few options on Shopbop and some on ebay. I didn't order the ones on shopbop because the waist measurement was about 3-6" too small for my waist.

Options:
Mettle Bold & Beautiful Belt (my fav!) (Gold version here)

I'm glad I bought mine when I did ($26). A few days later, they were out of stock.

So you've seen this dress before. You've seen the jacket before. But not together. And not repurposed with this belt, which I think ties the outfit together. The dress is just too short to wear any kind of heel with so I threw on my Keds that I bought at Kohl's last year. I bought two pairs because wearing these little slipons without socks...well I don't have to go into detail on that.

I'm traveling to Florida today to see my family for the next three days. Tomorrow I'll show you my traveling outfit.


{Dress: Stylemint | Blazer: Talbots (ebay) | Shoes: Keds. Similar here. | Belt: Asos (see options above) | Lipstick: Covergirl Hot Passion. Buy it here.}

Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Very smart outfit. Looks fab with the pumps too.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but I'm not wearing pumps. Did you mean it would look good with pumps as well?
      Niki

      Delete
  2. love this look - jacket is amaze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it was $5 on ebay.

      Delete
  3. I am dying to see your traveling outfit because I'm leaving for vacation next week and am so perplexed as to what to wear on the plane...

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. White gap chinos, sleeveless chambry top, keds, and a wrap i picked up in chicago. I keep it comfy when i fly. Speaking of which, i'm in the security line. Gotta go!
      Niki

      Delete
  4. FAB belt and LOVE this outfit! I think the belt is so fun! And I love how you wore it over a blazer - that's the best way to show it off!

    xo, sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see this belt with a tunic and solid dresses. It will work with a lot of items. Glad I got it!
      Niki

      Delete