Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

A Little Red, White, and Blue

Happy Friday!!!

I'm getting pretty excited about next week. I took July 5th and 6th off, as did my hubby. I can't wait to relax and play a bit. Tossing around some ideas of what to do on those days. I might go into NYC or head over to Misquamicut, RI for a day at the beach.

When I put this outfit on today, I wasn't even thinking of Independence Day. But I like the subtle color nod to our holiday. I do have a great tank top to show you specifically for the holiday.

As I've said in past posts, we live four blocks from Long Island Sound. The beach pics I show you are within walking distance. Every year our local beach hosts annual fireworks. It's a pretty big event and parking is hard to come by for a few hours in our neighborhood. I typically head to Canonsburg, PA to go visit family (my sister also flies up). But this year I'm unable to go. So for the first time in four years, my husband and I are finally going to walk down to the beach and watch the fireworks.

So here's a little pre-holiday work wear.


{Cardigan: J. Crew. Buy it here. | Collar: Marni for H&M | Skirt: J. Crew. Buy it here. | Shoes: Nine West. Similar here and here.}

Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. This is such an adorable outfit!

    http://www.waltzerl.blogspot.com

    Dangerous Curves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed that you color your own hair. It looks great! Hope you have a great 4th holiday. Sadly I'll be working most of next week but I'm happy to at least have Wednesday off.

    Also that's a great color lipstick for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks. I need to refresh the color this weekend and it's time to add a little more blonde. Sorry you have to work. I know what that's like to work over holidays. When everyone got the day after New Year's off, we had to go ti work. We were the only company in the building.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. Hi! I just saw your comment on my blog--www.magpiestyle.net. Thanks! I frequently check out your blog, great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracey! I love your style as well!
      Niki

      Delete
  4. You look so chic! I love the skirt. xx

    - Victoria
    www.VICKITAS.com

    ReplyDelete