Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Flower Power

I bought a couple of items at the Talbots store at the San Marcos outlet in Texas. This red top and these floral pants. I love that they are rather subdued in color. That way I can add all sorts of bright tops with them! Like this orange top that I got on sale at Ann Taylor. It has a bit of stretch to it and I love the structure.


The necklace, on the other hand, I no likey so much. It was an Etsy purchase gone wrong and ended up being free. When I got the necklace, two of the light blue tear-drop chalcedony stones had fallen off and were jostling around in the box. The seller was very apologetic and refunded my money and let me keep the necklace. So I took off the remainder stones and just wear it as is. It doesn't have the same appeal or effect without the light blue stones. They really made the necklace with the contrasting color. Seeing as this is the only navy necklace I have, I figured it was better than nothing.


Depending on the weather tomorrow (it's supposed to downpour all day, starting in the morning), there may not be a post. We'll have to see if we get a break in the weather. I don't really like to shoot indoor pics because our house is small and we don't have great natural lighting.


I also leave on Friday to visit my family in Tampa. We have a busy weekend planned with birthday parties and Father's Day. It will be a quick, whirlwind visit. Looking forward to the sunshine, though.



{Blouse: Ann Taylor | Pants: Talbots Outlet | Shoes: Nine West Andriana. Other colors here. | Necklace: Etsy | Lipstick: J. Crew Poppy King. Buy on sale here.}



Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Niki, You definitely have a talent with color...always get the values to coordinate! Sometimes, more often than not, I'm one shade off...grrr! Cool pants. Me likey :) Poppy King still looks better on you than me but stays lots better since you mentioned the Burt's Bees. Thank you!
    BTW, The rain is really coming down here & guess it must be the same where you are. Have a wonderful time this weekend. So nice to be with your family and esp. your nephew. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, Carol. I appreciate that. There are lots of youtube videos on color theory. I watched a few while I was getting my makeup certification. It does help when pairing items together. Glad the lip balm trick is working for you! And to be honest, in person, Poppy King does not look that great. It just shows up much better in pics.
      It's raining here still and I'm at work so no pics today. But should be better this afternoon and for the next few days, so I'll resume again on Thurs. with the pics (Friday blog post).
      I can't wait to see my family in two days. Six months is too long to go. But Facetime has helped tremendously.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Once again, I read the post not really knowing what to expect, and once again I go "wow." I am a fan of Talbots pants and those are nothing short of fabulous. Unfortunately, the only Talbots outlet is almost an hour away from me so I have to mostly shop online. I don't know how I missed these. The whole emsemble looks great.

    Have a wonderful weekend in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! Some things just catch your eye in a store - these pants definitely did. So glad I got them. And I believe they were $29.99. I have the clearance outlet near my house. The other outlet store (regular outlet store) is in Clinton Crossings, which is about a 30-40 minute drive from my house. Even though CT is a small state, it still takes an hour just to get to Hartford, Stamford, or New London. Hartford and Stamford seem to have the good stores and restaurants.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty outfit! Love what you found at the Talbots outlet- these pants and the red top, too. So cute! Enjoy time in FL with your family- it is hotter than all get- out here today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristen. I'll take heat and sun any day over perpetual rain. I think Sunday was the last time we saw the sun. Anywhere from 4-6 days/week, it's cloudy and gray.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. i am in LOVE with that blouse! love the cut/style. and HEY! we both have chinese symbols on our foot! i got mine with all of my girlfriends when we were like 21. kinda silly that my foot says friends but i am still besties with all of my bffs from high school! =)

    xoxo, jenn
    the stylish housewife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we do. I got tats late in life (35). Always wanted them but first husband wouldn't have any of it. So I got them a week into dating my boyfriend (now husband). We even got matching infinity signs (pretty brave, huh?)

      I have two on the top of my feet (Eternal Happiness) in Kanji. A sun on my wrist, two zodiac signs together (Capricorn and the Chinese symbol for Rat (1972), and then the infinity sign. I'm not done. I want our annivsary date and a starfish on the other wrist. When we went to get them, the tatoo place in New Haven was closed on a Sat. night! So we haven't tried again.

      As for the blouse, I saw a few in the store at my local Ann Taylor over the weekend. Can't find any online, though. I also have it in black.

      Niki

      Delete
  5. As soon as I saw this outfit I knew the top was Ann Taylor! Was so tempted to buy it and now that I see it on you I wish I had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were still some in my local mall so u may want to check yours. I have it in black too. It's a nice top. Doesn't wrinkle.
      Niki

      Delete