Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Concert Cardigan

When I go to concerts I know that I'll come across the usual tees and stickers. Occasionally the band will sell hoodies or sweatshirts. Radiohead's concert apparel included a lightweight cardigan. This is the first time I've seen a cardigan. When we went to see Nine Inch Nails in concert back in 2008 (best concert EVER), I bought a zippered sweatshirt that I have worn to death. Same with my hoodie from the Incubus concert when I saw them in 2007 in Tampa.

At first I just bought a tee at the Radiohead concert (you can see it here). However, after the concert concluded, I went back for the cardigan. They only had M and XL left. I chose the XL figuring I could wash and dry the heck out of it. Turns out it's really only swimming in the arm length. The part you don't see is the the backwards "Radiohead" on the inside back. I guess it's reversible but looking at the buttons, they don't close both ways. So who knows?

Figured I'd dress this cardigan up a bit with a neutral gray printed J. Crew Factory skirt I've had hanging in my closet for a couple of months. Throw on some pearls and bling up my feet and I've got a casual, yet appropriate work outfit without screaming "Concert Venue Apparel"!

Oh and after we were done with pictures, my husband said "Did you do something different with your makeup this morning?" I told him I did a smokey look. He said it really brings out my eyes. Although I love my bright lipstick and winged eyeliner, I'll continue adding the smokey look from time to time.


{Cardigan: Radiohead concert | Skirt: J. Crew Factory | Tee: J. Crew (old) | Tank: unknown (old) | Shoes: Donald Pliner. Cute option here. | Necklace: Thrifted. Cute option here. | Lipstick: MAC Half 'n Half. Buy it here.}


Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE that cardigan! It's kind of classic and quirky at the same time. The color and length are perfect. Love the way you styled it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of old grandpa-pipe-smokin'-ish or high school jock with Radiohead letterman patches. LOL!
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Agree with Lisa on everything. Perfecto! What a great look and like both makeup looks too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Carol; Kind of makes you want to go to a Radiohead concert just to get one, doesn't it? Oh and maybe to hear the song Creep.

      Delete
    2. They didn''t play Creep. :-(

      Delete
  3. I really love this. I could play around in something like this.

    ReplyDelete