Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Buc Stops Here

Another hot and wonderful day in CT! Temps were already in the high 80s before 9am this morning. Love, love, love it! Feels like home. And hence why I'm wearing my Tampa Bay Bucs shirt today. A little homage to my recent trip home. I also wanted an airy skirt to stay cool today (although my office is cold and I typically wrap myself in a jacket while sitting at my desk). However, when we went outside to take pics this morning, my husband informed me that my skirt was quite see-through. I said, "Oh yeah, but just the holes." "Uh, no, it's see-through on the other parts as well." Dang it! So my work jacket is doing double duty by keeping any excitement at bay at the office. No need to cause a stir at my boring workplace.

And I was having one of those mornings where I know it's going to rain tomorrow and I just wanted to stay home today. My doggie was being very playful this morning and I just wanted to play, too. Play hookie. Unfortunately I have a meeting and need to be at work so I hopped in the shower and threw my hair up partly because I was running late and partly because I get ready upstairs and hot air rises. It's at least 10 degree warmer upstairs. While I was taking my walk last night, I was shocked at how many homes in my neighborhood don't have air condition, not even window units. Our neighbor had his windows open in 90+ degree heat. Maybe it's because I'm a Florida girl, but I don't know how people can sleep in that kind of weather. Fans only do so much to try and cool you down at night. Thank goodness our older house is equipped with central a/c.



{Shirt: bought in Tampa | Skirt: Urban Outfitters (old) | Shoes: Donald Pliner. Buy them here. (plain version here). | Necklace: J. Crew (old)}

Pin It!

3 comments: