Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bang and Blame

Got that REM song in my head because I'm gonna chop my side bangs into full on fringe. Kind of have to. The bleaching and flat ironing have taken their toll and the ends are looking jagged and just not very appealing. They won't grow and keep up with the rest of my hair length. I started working on them a little this morning just to get some of the ends evened out. Might go at lunch today and just get them done professionally. I've actually had bangs for most of my adult life. I only let them grow out cause I wanted to do the Gwen Stefani poof. Turns out that my hair is just too fine to pull it off. Doesn't matter how much I tease it and spray it, it just flops out. Plus full bangs means less forehead Photoshopping!

So it was chilly this morning. In the 50s. Had to come up with a "spring" outfit. I really didn't mind the cool weather this morning. Was a bit refreshing and it's only here today as it will warm up to the 90s later this week. I took a picture with my iPhone of a similar outfit in a J. Crew catalog (at least I think it was J. Crew). The tee was a tissue tee and neon pants were neon shorts. It was a cute summer outfit that I adapted to a cool morning.

And how about these chooooss? How great are they? I don't own a lot of neutral or brown shoes but I have been eyeballing these bad boys for awhile now. And then I saw them on My Habit for a steal! More than half off their original retail price. So I made them mine a few weeks ago. The heel height is perfect and they are fairly comfortable (a lot of walking could produce blisters around the toe band due to the thickness of the leather).  I think they are going to look great with some skirts and dresses.


{Jacket: J. Crew Factory. Similar here. | Pants: Gap. Buy them here. | Tee: Gap. Buy it here. | Shoes: Pour la Victoire. Buy them here. | Necklace: Trina Turk for Banana Republic. | Lipgloss: Make Up For Ever #4}
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. The shoes are fantastic,very italian style to me.I like the happy note of the pants and looking forward to your new hairstyle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it cut yesterday and will show you in tomorrow's post. :-)
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Oh yes those shoes are marvelous!

    I have always worn bangs.....I love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For most of my adult life, I have too. It's only been since last summer that I tried to grow them out.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. And so comfy! They look big in the pics but that's how I like my pants.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. love a touch of pink ;)

    Check out my new up and coming blog and let me know what you think ;)

    LA By Diana Live Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pants look too big for you. I think they would be more flattering if they fit better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! But I have weird proportions on the bottom so if pants fit over my belly pooch, they are usually too loose elsewhere. Unless I want to tailor all my pants it's a no win situation. That's why I wear a lot of skirts. ;-)
      Niki

      Delete
    2. LOL - totally understand. Come to think about it, I wear a lot of skirts also. The worst thing is when pants start getting baggy and saggy after a few hours of wear. Jcrew pencil skirts are my favorite.

      Delete
    3. I'm actually 2 sizes in pants. The smaller size when I'm standing and then a full size up when I sit and everything spreads, hence the baggy pants in the photo. They are great for 8 hours of sitting. :-)
      Niki

      Delete