Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Splendid for less

When I saw this Splendid maxi t-shirt dress on Brooklyn Blonde, I thought it was just simple and adorable. But it was also fairly spendy for an understated t-shirt maxi dress.  I also don't own anything by Splendid so I'm not sure how their sizes run. I could only find the pink version in a size L, and even then I wasn't sure if that was going to work with my curvy frame. So I let it go for about a week until I saw this maxi skirt on Old Navy's website. It got great reviews and looks like the exact same color as the Splendid blue dress.

I already had a Gap Favorite white tee to pair it with. The Splendid dress has pockets whereas the Old Navy skirt doesn't. But who cares? I paid $20 to replicate a $138 dress!

I love my little Donald Pliner sandals and don't wear them as often as I would like. They have special meaning to me as I got them in Biloxi at one of the swanky hotel shops a week before hurricane Katrina hit and devastated that area. I can't wear them for long periods or for a lot of walking because they are so flat, but they sure do look purty!



{Skirt: Old Navy. Buy it here. Similar here. Dip hem for under $20 here.  | Gap Favorite Tee. Buy it here. | Necklace: J. Crew | Jacket: JC Penney. Cute option here and here. | Shoes: Donald Pliner. Similar here. Another option here. | Lipstick: Nars Dragon Girl. Buy it here.}


Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Very nice...I think the maxi length looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always get me. I'll click on your blog (my first read of the day) and read what you've written but I then have to page down to see the outfit, and I always go "Wow." Always.

    That outfit is splendid. I may have to take a trip to ON this weekend...

    And BB's outfit? She says it's a dress but it looks like a tee tucked into a skirt to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you, Kathy! Awww. I'm your first read of the day? That's really sweet. Thanks so much!
      Niki

      Delete
  3. Beautiful outfit, Niki. Really clean lines and an elegant simplicity that really lets the details shine, particularly your "retro pin-up look," which is just one of the all-time great looks. That necklace is geometrically gorgeous, and I can see why you love those sandals. Pliner really seems to have some fun and sassy designs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frederik. And to think I wasn't going to post this outfit because I thought it made me look huge. As you can see by my facial expressions I wasn't really feeling comfortable in this outfit. But I'm glad you all think it's a good one. :-)
      Niki

      Delete
  4. Nice look, nice shots!
    I'm also way into my 40s....(47 actually) & I stumbled upon your lovely blog. Hope one of these day you could check out my newbie blog too @ www.redtagchiclosangeles.com
    More power!!

    REBECCA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca - I can't believe you are 47! Wow!!! You look amazingly young. Must be all that CA sunshine and dry air keeping you looking so good. :-)
      Niki

      Delete