Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Shopping for Swimsuits

Remember last week when I said I love shopping for jeans about as much as I like shopping for bras? Scratch that! Move swimsuit shopping to the top of my sh** list. Hubby and I leave in less than two weeks to go to Austin. The hotel we are staying at has a lovely pool that I plan to bask at while he's in meetings with his boss and coworkers. I can see his face wrinkling with jealously as I type this. Sorry, honey!

So since none of my big girl swimsuits fit anymore, I decided to spend a dreary Saturday in the mall trying on swimsuits. Yay. As a side note, when it's dreary in Connecticut, it can last for days. We can go a week without seeing any sunshine. It drives me bonkers. So I started at Sears because I saw some cute Land's End swimsuits online and in a recent catalog. Unfortunately, none of those cute suits were in the store. I did, however, scoop up a pair of awesome Land's End white ankle jeans (I'm smelling another theme week coming up).  I also found a pair of very flattering blue jeans. The great thing, despite my horrible wing and cheesestick eating habit this past week, is that I no longer have to size up in the jeans department anymore. My jean size is now the same as my pant size. Whoo hooo!!!

So I spent four hours combing the Connecticut Post Mall in search of a swimsuit that supports my heavy girls, disguises my tummy pooch, and doesn't make me look like I'd make better time rolling to the pool.

I went to Target, Penney's, and finally Macy's before finding a "suit"able option. I bought this Ralph Lauren tummy control swimsuit (sans the skirt) in a size 12. It gave me ample support up top, created the illusion of a six pack (no! but it did help in the tummy area), and the square neckline was very flattering on my narrow shoulders. Although I can't find the exact swimsuit online, this one is the same except for the cute, little skirt. And yes, that is me modeling it.

{Ralph Lauren Halter Ruched Tummy Control Swimdress. Buy it here.}

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Have you ever purchased a suit from Cyberswim? The Miraclesuits are fabulous if you have bodacious tata's! I have to order a 12-DD, which is hard to find in the mall stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa - I tried on a couple of "Miracle Suits" at Macys but not sure if the brand was "Cyberswim." I'll have to check it out. Thank you!
      Niki

      Delete
  2. This suit is stinking adorable! I am tempted to go to Macy's now...

    I read the reviews online and one of them said that this is a teen suit and doesn't look good on a woman. Now what teen do you know who would actually wear a tummy control one piece swimdress? I don't know a single one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A teen suit?! That must be one shapely teenager! You've seen my curves, this suit is definitely not made for a teenager. The one thing I particularly liked about it is the square neckline, which has always been a flattering shape on my tatas. My shoulders are narrow so it helps to balance and 'broaden' them. I'm sure there are other suits out there that are more flattering (and much more expensive - this one wasn't cheap at $90) but I waited a bit too long to start swimsuit shopping before our trip. So I had to go with what I saw in the mall.

      Delete
  3. very cute suit!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And i look just like the model does when I wear it. ;-) not! Lol
      Niki

      Delete
  4. cute!!!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete