Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Local Food

Hope you all had a nice weekend!

When hubby and I had to take back the cable boxes to Comcast in New Haven a few weekends ago, I noticed a small farmers' market nearby. Saturday kicked off the season opening so I decided to go check it out.  About two dozen vendors were selling their home grown vegetables, homemade cheeses, and maple syrups. I love New England maple syrup. When my sister and her husband came up for a visit a couple years ago, we headed to Vermont and toured a couple of sugar shacks on the opening weekend of the sugaring season. A couple weeks later, I got a call from one of the sugar shacks I had left my business card with and he said I won a huge container of maple syrup (it's still sitting in my basement).

I only ended up buying a loaf of sourdough bread because the prices were rather high for other items (leeks at $4.50/bunch). I thought it was rather cute to see people exchanging their glass milk bottles for full containers. Our elderly next door neighbor still has the milk truck come by once a week to drop off milk on her doorstep.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment