Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Keeping it Weird in Austin - Part 3

Ewwww wweeeee. Have I got a lot of Texas to show you over the next couple of posts. Seeing as I couldn’t do anymore time by the pool (I’m pretty much a lobster) and the compound hotel charges an astronomical figure to leave the grounds by way of taxi cab, I decided to rent a car and go exploring. Enterprise Rent-A-Car took care of me. They had the car to me by 9:15 Tuesday morning, took an imprint of my credit card and sent me on my merry way.

Seeing as hubby needed a few things from the Super Walmart just outside of Austin that we went to Saturday night, I said I would go get some stuff for him. And for my troubles, I was happily rewarded with my very favorite fast food joint – Chick-Fil-A. I grew up on Chick-Fil-A and never thought I’d move to a state where one didn’t exist. The nearest one is in New Jersey, an hour and a half hike from my house. And what’s sad is Chick-Fil-A would do very well in Connecticut. But businesses don’t like to come to Connecticut because of the high tax rate.

So anyway, I had my chicken nuggets, waffle fries, and a lovely cookies n’ cream milkshake. Yes, I’m going to have to put in some serious time on the treadmill when I get home with all this Tex-Mex, BBQ, and milkshakes. But I so love the food down here.

After eating lunch, I headed down I-35S to San Marcos where I encountered the best outlet mall EVER! Actually it’s very similar to the huge outlet mall (and I believe owned by the same group) in Orlando, FL. There was a Vince Camuto store, Tory Burch, J.Crew, Talbots, Juicy Couture, Saks, Neiman’s, DVF, Armani, etc. I was in heaven. But I had other plans and didn’t want to be there too long. I gave myself an hour and left after an hour and a half.

Stay tuned tomorrow to see where I headed next…

And here’s what I wore. Ohhh. So glamorous with a makeshift ironing board tripod. Sorry. It’s just not a fashion week for me. We’ll return to our regularly scheduled program next week. Please ignore the makeshift sports bra standing in for a racer back I don’t own and is what is needed for this Ann Taylor blouse.


Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you bought!

    BTW...We just got a
    Chick-Fil-A in my neighborhood...and I love that they a low cal Chicken sandwich option that's delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a skirt at J Crew that I've been eyeing online and an outfit at Talbots. Yeah CFA is great low cal food. I indulged yesterday with the fries and shake. But when I lived in FL i would get nuggets only for a 500 cal lunch.

      Delete
  2. There are a few here in Boston, everything tastes like grease to me. So weird, because most people love it!
    You need those little plastic round things that make any bra a racer back! They sell them at CVS now.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, been to the one in Peabody as well. :-) thanks for the tip in the bra thingies. I'll have to pick some up when I get back to CT.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. You crack me up with the photos of the outlet stores. That does look like a very nice mall though.

    I don't like racerback bras. They give me a neckache. Glad to know about the thingies at CVS.

    Oh, and having just had a skin cancer thingy removed from the BRIDGE of my nose (yes, it looked like a third eye), stay out of the sun! Or at least use sunscreen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know EXACTLY which outlet mall you're talking about in Orlando! It's my FAVE! They do look like they're owned by the same company. I CANNOT wait to shop there in January!

    ReplyDelete