Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Jeans Week - Look 2

Are you ready for the summer? Are you ready for a good time? Are you ready for blah blah blah (yeah, I forgot the words).

When I was in Sears last weekend looking for swimsuits for our trip to Austin this Saturday, not only did I score a great pair of jeans that I wore in yesterday's post, but also these Land's End ankle jeans. I've been searching for a pair of white jeans for the summer but wasn't coming across anything I like or that fit right. And while not as comfortable as yesterday's jeans, they are still pretty comfy for sitting at work all day. And the nice people at the Land's End counter honored the online 30% off coupon email I had (even though it said 'online only.') I was about to walk away and just order them online and they said they would apply the 30% off code. Land's End clothes are normally pretty expensive. These jeans were normally $60. And after spending only $20 on those fabulous blue jeans, I was a little put off on the price of these jeans. Until I got my 30% off, of course.

And I love, love, love the hi-low craze going on now. It's a very flattering cut for us curvy (and non-curvy) gals. The dip in the back just gives a little extra glam to an otherwise boring t-shirt or maxi dress. I have a hi-low dress I'm going to feature soon.

I couldn't find the neon pink Ann Taylor necklace in stores when the 40% off sale was going on last month. Found the yellow one (seen here and here). So I said, "screw it" and decided to make my own after seeing Anna's DIY neon necklace. I ended up ordering a black piece of lace from Anna's source but couldn't find a plain colored lace piece that I liked for this neon necklace. Finally found one with another Etsy supplier that was located in Turkey. It took me awhile to get the piece and then another couple of weeks for the weather to cooperate enough to spray paint it. I'll show you how I put it together in another post.



{Jeans: Land's End. Buy them here. | Tee: Asos. Buy it here. I'm wearing a US Size 10. | Necklace: DIY | Shoes: Donald Pliner | Bracelet: Asos. Buy it here. | Watch: Cartier | Lipstick: Nars Schiap. Buy it here.}

Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Niki, I love the gray and white. A fresh step up from really casual to polished but comfy casual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to shy away from white. It wasn't really my thing. I prefer dark clothing. But we've had some warm weather come through and I felt summery. Not to mention vacation next week in Austin.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Niki, these jeans are really cute on you. I agree with the above- polished but comfy casual. Lands End has really been kicking it up a few notches lately. I think their dresses this season are pretty fabulous, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I agree. I think a lot of Land's End clothing is cute and so is Land's End Canvas.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. Great necklace. Loving neons right now

    www.northernstyle.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, especially pinks and yellows. I'll post the tutorial on Sat.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. LOVE your DIY neon necklace! So cool!! This is such a great jeans look!

    xo, sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look for the DIY post tomorrow!
      Niki

      Delete