Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Jeans Week - Look 1

It's theme week again!! Get ready to see a lot of my butt this week 'cause I'm pulling out the jeans. A lot of the jeans I'm wearing this week have been seen in my posts before. But I'll shake things up by pairing with different tops, etc. I'll also add a couple of new pairs into the mix.

So let's ease into this with a new pair of classic blue denim. I am loving these jeans! In the past I've had to go up one size in my jeans compared to my pants size. That's no longer the case, so I'm pretty stoked about that! While painfully searching last weekend for swimsuits for our trip to Austin (we leave this coming Saturday), I ended up finding not one, but two pairs of jeans at Sears of all places. Had I found an identical wash in this pair of Inked & Faded jeans, I would have scooped up two pairs. And you're gonna love this - $19.99! So I went online and ordered another pair.

These are the Classic Skinny jeans in a dark wash (they make curvy and flare cuts too). I love the yellow contrast stitching on these along with the slight distressed look. I also love that they don't have any tacky embellishments or rhinestones on the pockets. These are perfect for work, so comfortable (spandex!), and I'm not pulling them up all day long. They actually fit like NYDJ. They do, however, have a slight chemical smell. Or maybe it's just a Sears smell. Hopefully that will come out in the wash. I haven't washed them yet and I won't dry them in the dryer. If they change at all in the wash, I'll be sure to let you know. But for $20, I can't complain!

I bought this Zara neon yellow shirt in NYC. It's an XL. I have a similar one in green (seen here) and this yellow one is constructed out of the same thick fabric, but with cute layered shoulder details.


{Jeans: Inked & Faded. Buy them here. | Top: Zara. Buy it here. | Shoes: Nine West Andriana. Similar here. Buy other colors here. | Necklace: J. Crew | Lipstick: MAC Rebel. Buy it here.}



Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. Love the look! I like how you combine the yellow shirt with the pink shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frida! I do like this outfit.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. I agree, this is a great look. Those jeans are quite nice and look like they fit you really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love these jeans. I went to a friend's house after work on Friday (when I took these pics) and just kept wearing them when I got home. So comfortable!!! I like the dark rinse as well and I did wash them (no dryer) and they turned out great!
      Niki

      Delete
  3. You look amazing in this! The jeans fit you perfectly (and what a great deal!), and I love the bright top and lips :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natasha. I'm really pleased with this combo.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. Really cute, Nikki! What a great find at Sears! Who'da thunk?!! Actually, a good friend has found her favorite jeans to be the Kmart brand. I need to get to Sears for something else, will have to check these out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a long time since I was in Kmart just because there's not one too close to me. But next time I'm near one I'll check out their denim. Thanks!!!
      Niki

      Delete
  5. So cute...that yellow is just WOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. It's pretty bright and I just love it!
      Niki

      Delete
  6. haha, I love that booty shot!

    the pop of purple on both your lips and feet keep this really fun and fresh - super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fran! yeah I was pretty impressed with how my booty looked in these jeans as well. I didn't have to photoshop Jennifer Aniston's rear into my pics! LOL!
      Niki

      Delete
  7. Love your necklace and top mix and match. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I appreciate the compliment!
      Niki

      Delete