Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Jeans Week - Final Look

I hope I didn't lose anyone yesterday with my sad sob weather diatribe. I'm much better today. It's sunny! Amazing how much hubby and I rely on sunny days to brighten our outlooks. It actually was such a pleasant evening last night that I started walking outdoors again. I love walking the four blocks down to Long Island Sound along West Haven beach. I also happened upon a 12-week old French Bulldog that was so adorable. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me but when I'm exercising, taking pics is the last thing on my mind, especially with some of the steep hills in my neighborhood (good butt and thigh burners). If my Chihuahua wasn't so prissy about being "the only one," I would have swooped up that cutie-pie last night and run for the hills (or literally huff and puff trying to get up the hill with said dog).

Today's outfit is a tribute to one of my favorite bloggers, sweet Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere.  Not only is she adorable, she bakes some of the most outrageous scratch-made desserts. I admire her ability to do that. I love to bake, but it's usually a box of Ghirardelli double chocolate brownies from the box (with Egg Beaters and applesauce substitutes). This is one of my favorite outfits from her that I've tried to duplicate the best I can. Still searching eBay for her necklace. I think she should just donate hers to me.

And no shoe closeup pics because if you've been following my blog, you know these hot pink Nine West Andrianas are my favorite and can be seen throughout my blog (probably a bit too much!).

So tomorrow is our travel day to Austin. I'm pretty excited about just going south and picking up my Southern twang again. Hubby said it will happen before we even exit the plane. Says I'm a magnet for accents, and he's totally right. I pick up accents like you wouldn't believe. I was in Canada for three days and came back with a pretty convincing Canadian accent. In Italy, I was impressing the locals with how quickly I picked up not just the language but annunciation of words. Maybe I just have a good ear. Although hubby says I have 'selected hearing.'



{Blouse: J. Crew. Similar here. Love (and own) this Vince Camuto one. Cute one here. | Jeans: Gap 1969. Similar here. | Coat/Jacket: Zara. Similar here. | Shoes: Nine West Andriana. Buy other colors here. | Necklace: J. Crew |  Lipstick: MAC Girl About Town. Buy it here.}

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE that striped tee and the buttons on the hem of the jeans are so cute! :)

    Have a fab weekend!
    xo, sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niki,

    This is my favorite look of your jeans theme look. I love the striped top.....I seem to have a thing for stripes lately. Love love love the jacket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. In Chicago now on the way to Austin. I'll respond to other comments when we get to Austin.
      Niki

      Delete