Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hot Nurse

"You look like a hot nurse" is what my hubby said to me on a muggy Saturday taking these pics. "Well thank you, but that's not exactly what I was going for. I was thinking 'summer whites'" was my reply.

It was indeed humid outside with the threat of the usual daily (or weekly) impending rain. I told hubby that this is what we were in for when we move back to FL. Told him we'd have to keep this in mind when taking pics there. "You don't want to go now?" he asked. "Of course I do. I want to be back to things I know, family, and friends." "But you'll be miserable with the weather." "Well, I'll stay inside in the a/c," I laughed.

Before buying this dress, I took a pic of it with my iPhone and sent it to my sister as I wasn't quite so sure about it. She sent me a text with a resounding "Yes!" when I asked if I should get it. At the time I was writing an article about eyelet for The Impossible Girl. And I totally forgot about my matching eyelet shoes. A bit much with the dress? Maybe. But I only wanted one pop of color in my outfit with this Urban Outfitters belt. The dress came with a cheap, braided light tan belt.


{Dress: JC Penney. Buy it here. Similar here. Darling one here. Plus size here. | Belt: Urban Outfitters. Buy it here. | Shoes: (old). Similar here and here. | Bracelet: Asos. Buy it here. | Lipstick: MAC Rebel. Buy it here.}
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. I think the shoes are adorable. You look cool and comfy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish that were the case, Lisa. I was sweatin' in my spanx! ;-)
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Well, I' happy to know I'm not the only one wearing spanx in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goes under every dress and skirt of mine.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. I'm not a huge neon person, but in small doses like you did here, I really like it! Plus white summer dresses are my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Wait til you see my neon shoes I just got! :-)
      Niki

      Delete