Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Golddigger

This metallic gold top was one of the first things I bought from asos.com. I was drawn to the scalloped edges. It's made by River Island and I just love this British clothing line. Remember this skirt? It's also made by River Island. The price is reasonable and the quality is good. But because the River Island line is a good value, I've noticed (especially on the River Island website) that the larger sizes tend to sell out very quickly. The River Island website also seems to have a larger selection than Asos. However Asos has free standard shipping. It may take two weeks to get to you, but it's worth it in my opinion.

As you might recall, this white Zara blazer is the one I bought in NYC during my last visit. While driving to work, I was thinking how well Zara blazers fit. Not only are they structured, but I've never had to hem the sleeve lengths. I have to buy XL blazers from Zara because of their petite sizing. This particular blazer fits more like a size 10 and I think that's why the sleeve lengths work as well. It's like they cater to petites (hey, I may be a big girl, but I'm only 5'4").



{Blazer: Zara. Buy it here. | Pants: Gap. Similar here. | Shirt: River Island. Similar here and here and here. | Necklace: Ebay | Shoes: Zara. Similar here and here. | Watch: Cartier | Lipstick: Nars Heat Wave. Buy it here.}

Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. This is a really great, classic outfit. I LOVE the shirt and blazer together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy. I love the textures together. Now if we can just get a break in weather and get some sunshine again. We've seen one day of it in 7 days. Ugh.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Haha! LOVE the title and the outfit! Zara has fantastic cuts! And love the pretty scalloped border on the bottom of the top!

    xo, sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! I just wish I could fit into Zara's skirts and dresses. But then I'd go broke and have to really become a golddigger. ;-)
      Niki

      Delete
  3. I love this whole outfit and especially the shoes :)
    XX
    http://the-fashion-hoarder.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the shoes, too.
      Niki

      Delete