Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Awesome Jeans!

So I've been aware of Not Your Daughter's Jeans (NYDJ) for awhile now and they've gotten good reviews by other bloggers, but the price just kept putting me off. My local Macy's now carries them. However, I love shopping for jeans about as much as I love bra shopping. Nothing ever fits right and I always have to size up in jeans.

This past Sunday I caved. I saw my size hanging on the rack in front of me. Didn't have to go digging for it. I had some time to kill and thought, "Okay, what the heck. I'll just try them to see what size I might be and how they fit." How they fit?! OMFG-HOLY-GRAIL-AWESOMENESS-JEANS!

I can't believe how comfortable they are. I'm not tugging them up in the waist like I have grown accustomed to. They suck in my belly pouch without being uncomfortable. They come up just high enough in the back to not show any panty lines when I bend over. They feel good throughout the thighs (not too tight but not loose either). They even fit during not so skinny times of the month. And the aqua color is amazing!!! But they are spendy. I had a 25% discount at Macy's. It brought the price down a little but the ones I'm wearing are normally $104. I got the Alisha Skinny Ankle (I believe it's the 'fine twill' variety but there was no indication on the pant itself - nor did it say 'Alisha' - that's just what I've deduced). The price is the main reason I never tried these on before. But I have to say, I will definitely be on the lookout for sales for additional pairs!

And I can't believe how easy this outfit came together. I already had the Zara blazer that I wore here. This little racer back tank is from Ann Taylor and I got it during their 40% off sale just recently. It got some mixed reviews. A lot of people complained about the armholes being big. I just don't think they have knockers like mine to fill everything out. I have no issues with this top at all. In fact, I snatched it up in hot pink as well!



{Blazer: Zara. Similar here. | Pants: NYDJ. Buy them here. | Tank: Ann Taylor. Buy it here. | Shoes: Nine West Andriana. Buy in different colors here. | Necklace: Claire's | Lipstick: MAC Rebel. Buy it here. | Watch: Cartier Tank}

Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. A colorful, gorgeous outfit for a gorgeous lady to drive around in her gorgeous new car! So glad it all worked out for you.

    I've yet to try NYDJs because of the price too. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try a pair on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy! I've seen NYDJs on ebay for a lot less. And I'm sure there are other internet sites with discounted NYDJs as well.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Great post! Love the colors & commentary. The bane of my existence...jeans and bra shopping and alas, as usual, you have given me inspiration. Totally agree with Kathy...gorgeous,gorgeous,gorgeous! Thanks much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! And welcome back to being able to comment. Enjoyed our email exchanges. Well as for the girls and getting them up higher, I went with Lilyette bras from the maidenform site. These are the ones I ended up getting (got a great deal at $10/bra): http://www.maidenform.com/lilyette/collections/adjusts-to-me/lilyette-adjusts-to-me-unlined-underwire-bra-0463

      Delete
    2. Me too and thanks much for the info, Niki. Sounds good (wow, $10!) and much appreciated.

      Delete
  3. i love those jeans on you...pastel denim is so great right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the aqua color too.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. It's a great color and doesn't matter the price cause you will get much wear of them.Don't you think the colors of this season are wonderful?Check my blogroll to find more awsome 40s bloggers.Maybe we can add each other on the blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie. I love the color and the fit!
      Niki

      Delete
  5. I love that lip color! I'll have to try that color!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great especially if you have pink undertones.
      Niki

      Delete
  6. I LOVE NYDJ! That is such a fun color that you picked! I have a pair, and they are so comfy! You can see them on this post! http://styleofsam.blogspot.com/2012/01/that-70s-sam-show.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nate Burkus sent you the jeans? Lucky you!!!
      Niki

      Delete