Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Think Outside the Box

Some of you were wondering how I was going to style my Joe Fresh dresses. Bet ya didn't see a tunic coming, did ya? Honestly, neither did I.

I got these Talbots pants a couple of weeks ago. They've been hanging in my closet as I wasn't quite sure what to do with them. I knew I wanted to pair my thrifted plum colored jacket with them but what to do underneath? I tried a number of things, J. Crew baby blue Jackie cardigan, white shirt, bright yellow tee. The look I was getting was matronly and boring.

I let the outfit go for awhile and was looking through my new dresses when it hit me. Why not belt my new Joe Fresh dress and make it look like a tunic? It was the perfect color to compliment the pants but intriguing enough not to fall into the 'blazer, tee, pants' routine. One of my followers asked me the other day if this was a dress or shirt. With a wide belt, I felt like I could pull it off. It took a lot of gathering and folding but I really like the outcome. Hubby did too.



{Pants: Talbots. Buy them here for 30% off (code: "SPRING". | Dress: Joe Fresh | Belt: unknown (old) | Blazer: Thrifted | Shoes: Nine West Andriana | Spiked Rubber Bracelet: Asos. Buy it here. | Lipstick: MAC Rebel. Buy it here.}
Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. Great outfit, I can't believe you got those pants at talbot. They are so trendy. I might need to go check out Talbots more.

    www.living-thesuite-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either. I normally don't shop at Talbots but they have a few things lately that has piqued my interest.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. I really love those pants :)

    - Victoria
    www.Vickkitas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Just wow. This is a fabulous outfit. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit- gorgeous colors! I didn't pay any attention to these pants on the Talbots web site~ I don't think their pic does much to sell the pants. They are soooo much prettier on you!

    ~Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen! Wait til you see the ones I just ordered. :-)
      Niki

      Delete
  5. Do tell! Can't wait to see. :) I never would have thought these paisley pants were so pretty based on the web site pic.

    ~Kristen

    ReplyDelete