Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

New York City - Part 4

At Joe Fresh, I found some great pieces that I hadn't seen on the website. And remember that orange drop-waist dress I was wanting?  Blech! It also came in black and was so unflattering on my body type. A word about their sizes - huge!!! I'm a consistent size 14 in dresses and I was a size 12 in Joe Fresh's dresses. I'm also a size medium in their fitted shirts and a large in their tees. So go down one size at least.

So here's what I bought. The makeup case was free with a $50 purchase as part of their store opening promotion. Also, the black neoprene shirt doesn't look like much on the hanger, but it really is cute. And I can wear it scuba diving. Or not.


{Joe Fresh}

After my haul at Joe Fresh, I started walking over toward Madison Ave as I wanted to visit J. Crew. I didn't end up buying anything at J. Crew (shocker!), but luckily Ann Taylor was en route. I wanted to get this pink shift dress, which looked fine on but after spending only $29 on dresses at Joe Fresh, this shift just wasn't worth the $100 price tag, even with 30% off. I think I'll wait for a 40% or more sale online. The other item I wanted to get is this necklace, which is sold out online. It's neon yellow and will work with black, blue, white, etc. So many possibilities for it. I have a feeling it's going to become a staple and frequently photographed just like my pink Nine West shoes. The blouse was on clearance and just looked so cute on.


{Ann Taylor}

Finding nothing at J. Crew, I moved on to Nine West in hopes that they would have more colors in my favorite Andriana pump. They had the pony calf hair pumps, which I own, and also black suede. I just bought my Bandolino black patent pumps, which are very comfortable, but I don't have black suede pumps. I scooped them up for 30% off retail.



{Nine West Andriana}

So I never made it into Bloomingdale's as Zara is situated across the street on Lexington. I'm addicted to Zara. I've been to this Zara once and didn't find much. However, on this visit, they had more merchandise than the 42nd Street store. I was able to score a shirt I've been looking for for over two months. Didn't want to pay the outrageous price on eBay for it. I also had the mindset to find yellow shirts on this trip into NYC and I was elated to find this neon yellow little number. I love Zara's blazers and their ponte shirts. And for a company that cuts their clothes small, seems funny that what is left on the racks in the stores are XS, S, and M. Usually the Large and especially the XL (which fits like a 10-12) are sold out. I think Zara should really reevaluate their sizing.  I did overhear a girl talking about a dress she saw a blogger wear. It was this pink number Blair wore on Atlantic-Pacific. She didn't say the blogger's name, but I knew who it was.


{Zara black/white blouse. Buy it here. Large and XLarge back in stock. | Yellow top: Buy it here. | White jacquard blazer. Buy it here.}

So that was this weekend's haul in NYC. I can't wait to show you what combinations I come up with!
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Great pieces & looking forward to seeing how you incorporate them! Particularly love shoes & the AT necklace & am off to pick it up in Exotic Hibiscus. Perfect for moi. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanted both the yellow and pink but they weren't on sale. So only one for me. But AT is having 30% off everything today.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. omg. this necklace is stunning. fabulous post, love. thanks for sharing. If you get a sec, Lauren Conrad has picked me as one of her 3 favorite bloggers. It would mean the world if you could take a second to vote. Thanks, love. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You did a great job styling those white jeans. They are really cute!!! I ordered the Lauren Conrad cropped jacket yesterday. The hi-lo skirt wasn't anywhere on Kohl's website, which is a shame because it's one of a few that I've seen that isn't cut so high in the front. That's awesome being in the top 3! Good luck!!!
      Niki

      Delete
  3. Are the top two things you got from Joe Fresh dresses or shirts? It's hard to tell. I can't wait to see how you wear everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sorry. Those are dresses that I plan to wear with blazers. Although when I showed the striped one to hubby he said, 'Are you going to belt that one?' Not a bad idea. Might be a cute summer look (if summer ever gets here).
      Niki

      Delete
  4. Oh wow!! Major haul... and LOVE that neon necklace! Glad you were able to get it in person!

    xo, sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Major haul, indeed as sit here eating Subway and brown bagged sandwiches for the next two weeks. LOL!
      Niki

      Delete