Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Modern Apizza

Hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend. Sorry for not posting on Saturday like I usually do but seeing as it was a holiday weekend, I thought I'd take a little break and enjoy time with my hubby and doggie.

We had to take back more cable boxes to Comcast in New Haven this weekend. Afterward, we swung by Modern Apizza. Hubby wasn't feeling that great and I've been down with a cold myself so we thought we'd just pick up a pizza and go back home. However, once we got into the restaurant, we decided to eat there. Hubby got a mushroom, sausage, and meatball pizza and I got sausage, pepperoni, meatball and ricotta (or "re-got" as they pronounce it up here). I also added garlic but it really didn't enhance the flavor like that of Pepe's pizza. I do like New Haven style pizza, which is thin and baked in a brick oven. However, I really don't care for the burnt edges. Hubby's was a little less burnt so I chewed on his discarded crusts.

We also checked out a new market down on State Street. It was like a compact Whole Foods. I bought a couple of bananas for some banana bread (I hate fruit so that's all hubby's), some green onions, and a few egg bagels. The bagels were horrible. They had a chemical taste and after two bites Saturday evening, I threw them out.

We decided while we were out and about to go to Savers, our local thrift store. I scored a pair of Michael Kors plaid pants that I need to have hemmed, a burnt orange J. Crew tissue tee, and a heather gray Banana Republic wool pencil skirt. Hubby loaded up on shorts and short sleeve shirts, hoping to usher in 90 degree weather.

My outfit of the day is my typical weekend garb of jeans, long sleeve tee, hat, and Ray Bans. I threw on my very static-y Forever 21 Union Jack sweatshirt because that's how I roll. I love anything with a Union Jack on it. I even had a cell phone case that I ordered from Zazzle all decked out in Union Jack but unfortunately, my auxiliary cable in my car wouldn't work with the case.


{Tee: Old Navy | Sweatshirt: Forever 21 | Jeans: Gap | Shoes: Donald Pliner | Hat: Urban Outfitters. Buy it here. | Sunglasses: Ray Bans. Buy them here.}

Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! What a CUTE weekend outfit! I love it with the hat! Hope you and hubby are feeling better!

    xo, sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sam. Office cold going around. Left work early on Friday and slept most of the day. Feeling better. I love your new website design. Very nice!!
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Hello...a new reader, here. That's a wonderful ensemble you put together. It's been a while since a jeans-and-sweatshirt ensemble appealed to me, but the layering of a flowing sweatshirt over the coloured tee really works well, especially since the tee plays off the union jack. Very chic! And I love those Pliner sandals. I've noticed them for many seasons in the J. Jill catalog. It's cool to see them out in the real world.

    It's a lovely blog you have here, Niki. I'm looking forward to browsing through past posts and keeping up with forthcoming ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Frederik! Thank you for your lovely comment. I really appreciate it! The Pliners are a few years old but they always get comments.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. I love this post. You look precious in that outfit. I love your hair, with the hat with the sunnies and the red lip. TOO DIE FOR. I just found your blog and it is an absolute joy. You are beautiful and so are your posts!
    xoxo
    Morgan
    http://thesocialboutique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's incredibly nice of you to say, Morgan. Thank you so much!! And welcome!!!
      Niki

      Delete