Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

A L'Orange Look 5

Since it's the end of the work week, I thought I'd change things up with this orange look. Go for something edgier that you might wear on a Friday or Saturday night to a bar or concert. I love this hi-lo tank top from Asos. But deciding what to wear with it was challenging. It's sheer so I needed something underneath. A lot of hi-lo tanks are paired with shorts. But what if your thighs are chunky and full of cottage cheese? The only solution for me was leather or faux leather pants. Like these INC pants I got off eBay for under $20! Of course now that I'm thinking of it, a straight maxi or pencil skirt would also work. Hmmm. I think I just discovered how I can incorporate it into my work wardrobe.

Although I wouldn't wear this to work as is (and nor did I), this would make for a lovely eye-catching conversation piece at a dimly lit hip restaurant, such as a Tapas bar with a big 'ol glass of red. If I were younger, I'd wear it to an alternative/goth dance club as I sway in isolation and let my skirt "sail" to Awolnation. Yep, that's right. I'm an alternative/goth girl at heart. You won't find any Phish or Wilco in this girl's playlist.



{Tank: Asos. Buy it here. | Jacket: INC (Macy's - recent) | Pants: INC (ebay) | Tee: J. Crew Factory. | Shoes: Nine West Andriana | Watch: Cartier | Lipstick: Nars Heat Wave}
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Niki! My favourite outfit in the series a l'orange! You really balanced the individual pieces well...flowing but with clean lines, edgy but not aggressive, a great juxtaposition of fabrics. As an alternative/goth kind of guy myself, I could absolutely picture you at the club. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frederik! I thought this might be a bit too out there for some, but isn't taking risks what fashion is about? Glad you appreciate me going out of my comfort zone. I have another hi-lo piece I can't wait to show. I was actually thinking of our upcoming Radiohead concert when I picked this one. We moved up to the tri-state area to enjoy more concerts. Little did we know that it's much harder to get tickets to shows up here than in Tampa. But June 1 can't come soon enough!
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Wow! Just wow! You looked gorgeous :) This will look edgy too with black leather shorts. Or prolly with printed pants without the jacket for a softer and girly look. But yeah, perfect for an after work booze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I agree. Black leather shorts would be awesome! I even have a black leather skirt I'm thinking of. It's a dramatic look, don't ya think? ;-)
      Niki

      Delete