Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

A L'Orange Look 4

"Is your bed made?
Is your sweater on?
Do you want to
Like you know I doooooooooo ooooo oooo ooo"

Yes, I just went all Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa on you. And while I don't particularly care for that Vampire Weekend song (they have others I like better), I just feel very New England/J. Crew-ish in my outfit today. Which is befitting because that's where I live. Not in J. Crew, but in New England.

I got sucked into the Stylemint craze like a lot of other bloggers. But I'm glad I did. I really like this Broadway dress. Very cute, comfy, thick, and washes well. I ordered a size 5 (sizes are 1-5, I believe) and had to wash and dry on high to get it to fit better. I probably should have ordered a 4 but I always er on the bigger size and make things work. If you join Stylemint (it's free), just remember to 'skip this month' during the first five days of every month or else you'll be charged their $29.99 membership fee. If you forget, however, the fee acts as a credit to which you can apply toward your next purchase. I believe you can bank up to five credits.

Alison from Wardrobe Oxygen does a good job of explaining how it works, so I'll defer you to her site.

I tried a few combinations with this dress. It really is so versatile that you can wear it so many ways. Throw a denim jacket over it and go run weekend errands. Add a wide belt, straw hat, and gladiator sandals for a summer concert look. I chose a more preppy look pairing the dress with an old Gap short sleeve cardigan and my new Zara metallic brogues. I actually think I might order this dress in a smaller size as well. And the color - well, we're still on orange week. However, when I put it next to something orange, it looks more red, but when I put it next to something red, it's orange. I think it's more of a tomato red or burnt orange.


 
{Dress: Stylemint Broadway. Buy it here. | Cardigan: Gap (old) | Shoes: Zara | Bracelet: Marc Jacobs Turnlock. Buy it here. | Watch: Cartier | Necklace: J. Crew}
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Your gold shoes are absolutely amazing & I love the stripes!

    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love them, too but a lot of people don't. They're an acquired taste. :-)
      Niki

      Delete