Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A L'Orange Look 2

I recently purchased this dress and these fun orange shoes. I've seen pink and orange color blocking before but didn't know if I could pull off the look. This dress is from Old Navy and got a lot of good reviews on the website. I think the length is good but the waist sits higher than I normally like. But I do love the color. Anything hot pink is a-ok by me. Next time I'll incorporate a different belt as this cheapy from H&M just wouldn't stay put. The dress, however, will be great for my trips to Texas and Florida in May and June. Oh heck, I might even have to buy the orange and green ones, too.

But the shoes are fun-tab-ulous! I passed these Franco Sartos up the first go around in TJ Maxx. But I kept thinking about them and decided on Friday to go back and get them. Luckily they were still there. They are a great height and just like my other pair of Franco Sarto shoes, they are quite comfortable. There's a high enough platform so that I don't feel like I'm standing on my tippy toes. I am going to get a lot of wear out of these this summer.

I also finally got my watch back from Cartier in Texas. Turns out the battery had leaked and most of the innards had to be replaced ($$$). But maybe it will be good for another five years. I also touched up my roots and highlights this weekend. I have a little line of demarcation that I need to take care of tonight, but other than that, pretty pleased with the new color (Level 6N) and highlights.

Husband and I were having a good laugh this morning. He did yard work yesterday and was too sore to squat for shooting pics and just kind of plopped down on the ground.



{Dress: Old Navy. Buy it here. | Shoes: Franco Sarto (TJ Maxx) | Belt: H&M | Necklace: J. Crew | Watch: Cartier. Buy it here.}
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. Great outfit! Sometimes Old Navy just gets it right with their dresses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's a cute dress and perfect for summer!
      Niki

      Delete
  2. I love those shoes! I'll have to check out my nearby TJ Maxx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I had to "think" about them before buying them. They are really cute.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. LOVE the bright colors- the dress, the shoes...so lovely!
    xx

    Be Frassy

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute!!!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for your orange theme week! {I'm trying to catch up on all my blogs!} I LOVE LOVE pink and orange! It's one of my favorite color blocking combos and I don't see it enough! This is great and love those platforms! {And your watch was sent to my part of town- I'm in Texas!}

    xo, sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sam! I know you're in the big hair state. :-) I lived in Dallas for 2 years when I was little. Are you near Austin? I'll be there the 3rd week of May.
      Niki

      Delete
  6. What a fun, cheery outfit. It figures, I just happened to be in Old Navy this week but didn't see this cute dress. :) Looks like it would be perfect for FL ( my new home state). The orange shoes are cute and you pull this look off really well!
    ~Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the pink, green, and black today but not the orange. Check online. 30% off! So you're in my home state? I was born and raised in FL and hope to get back in another year or two. My family all lives in Clearwater. Whereabouts are you?
      Niki

      Delete