Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Jason Wu Spring Dress

I was one of the lucky online shoppers in February that stayed up late to score a few items on Target.com when the Jason Wu line launched. I knew I wouldn't be able to find anything in the stores if I went the next day. And luckily, some great people on Target's Facebook page alerted everyone when certain pieces became available. The sale started at midnight, I believe, but not all pieces showed up at once. I wasn't able to score anything until around 2am.

I've been waiting for warmer weather to wear this dress as the sheer fabric is incredibly static-y and not at all made for winter weather. I also felt it was a bit too short and lightweight not to have anything underneath. So I grabbed some leggings reminiscent of the 80s and threw on my new Asos bomber jacket that looked better on the model than on me. Members Only anyone? But I'm sure I can find other ways to incorporate it into my wardrobe a bit better. I think next time, I'll zip it up and pair it with pants to balance the proportions. Definitely not one of my favorite outfits today, but they can't all be winners. Next time, I'll add a more structured blazer with this dress, such as my black one from Zara.

I also wanted to get a few more shots in front of my beautiful forsythia shrubbery before it turns all green. Everything is blooming like mad up here now. There are plants and trees up here that until I moved up north, had no idea even existed or had ever seen before. One of my favorites is the cherry blossom trees that are just starting to bud. I'm contemplating going to Brooklyn at the end of the month for the Cherry Blossom Festival.






{Dress: Jason Wu for Target | Jacket: Asos Aertex Bomber. Buy it here. | Clutch: Asos. Currently out of stock. | Shoes: Nine West Andriana | Lipstick: Nars Schiap}
Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful Look!
    I love the colors...You have such Talent in wearing,Cheers!
    Ciao from Italy by fellow Artist Aurè

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this dress! it is adorable!
    http://underfashionarrest.blogspot.com/
    http://underfashionarrest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. thos are two of my favorite stores - jcrew and zara. send me a link or pic of your outfit when you wear it! have a great day.

    xo, nikki

    http://www.carryoncouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikki - When I pair this dress up again, I'll be sure to post it. So keep coming back!
      Thanks!
      Niki

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Not my fav, but I'm glad you like it Clara. Thanks for your comment.
      Niki

      Delete
  5. Where do you purchase your leggings at? Do you like them? I can't seem to find any I like. Perhaps it's 80s flashbacks when that's all I wore and just can't get over that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe these are either Target or Old Navy.
      Niki

      Delete