Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Dress Week - Look 2

So it was still too gross and rainy outside for any pictures, so you get to stare at our lovely living room wall. It's hard to take pics in our house as it's a small, older Cape Cod style where the ceilings are low and there's not a lot of length between the choppy rooms. I love our cute, little house but it's definitely not ideal for picture taking with a 50mm lens. So we switched to the kit lens that came with the camera.

Thank goodness we didn't get any of the Nor'easter that hit PA and upstate NY. A foot of snow!!! In late April! I do remember either last year or the year before, we had a late April snow but it didn't stick for long. And of course snow'tober this past year (I was in sunny FL at the time) really made the hubby mad! "It's too early for this crap!" Shovel, shovel, scrape, scrape.

Do you remember this Wildcat Jules dress in J. Crew? Well I couldn't find it in my local mall, so they called around and found a size 12 in a nearby location. Size 12. Yeah, right. So in my "smaller clothes" closet it hung until I lost another 5lbs and could wiggle into it with my new shape wear. Thank goodness it has a little stretch to it and has a slight A-line shape to accomodate my baby-making hips (no, I have no babies; just a puppy). And unlike my Wildcat blouse, the dress has 3/4 length sleeves. I remedied that by having my blouse altered not too long ago as I always hated how long the sleeves were on it. However, I do wish this dress was a tad longer.

When J. Crew was having their extra 40% off sale recently, I scooped up this necklace. I love it. Just the right amount of bling without being obnoxious. And how about that fake bake going on with my legs. Classy.


(Dress: J. Crew | Jacket: Zara | Necklace: J. Crew | Shoes: Nine West. Other colors here. | Lipstick: Besame Cherry Red. Buy it here.}

Pin It!

21 comments:

  1. LOVE that dress. It's my fave!
    xo
    www.indulgenceissimple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it has little pockets in the front that were perfect for my work badge! :-)

      Delete
  2. I love the dress too. I hear you on it being a teeny bit short though. I have a dress I got from H&M that is just a tad too short and I'm trying to figure out a way to make it longer. I keep planning to buy some black lace with lycra and just sew it to the bottom hem. That would make it a little different looking and also make me feel more comfortable in it. How about getting some nice black material and having a strip added to the bottom. Maybe 2 inches or so? It'd be easy enough for a tailor to do.

    And I love the fake bake on your legs. I get the whole skin cancer thing and I see alot of bloggers just going with ultra white legs, but honestly, I think a little color looks great on everyone and really slims the leg. I usually get a little color on my arms/face and I use self tanner on the legs. I started about a month ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Kathy. Part of me wants to take it to my tailor and see what kind of magic she can work. The other part of me wants to leave it alone in case I get tired of it and am ready to sell it on ebay.
      Even if I tan my legs in the sun during the summer, from the knees down, they never get any color. So self tanner is the only way I can get a little color on them.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. Hello beautiful! Glad to have you on the blogroll! -Bella Q the Citizen Rosebud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bella - Thanks so much for adding me to the blogroll!
      Niki

      Delete
  4. What a classy look and I wish I would have hit up that JCrew sale. The blazer is perfect with the leopard print and Fake Bake is one of my faves, your legs look great!

    xoDale
    http://www.savvyspice.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are still quite a few of these dresses on ebay. But of course the price is jacked up. I believe I paid around $69 or $89 for it and that was on sale.
      That Zara blazer is one of my favorites. I would buy their blazers all day long if I could afford to. :-) Time to reapply the fading fake bake tonight. LOL
      Niki

      Delete
  5. Sexy mama in that dress!! {And the fake bake looks good!} I know what you mean about it being a little longer - usually makes me feel a little more comfortable especially at work. But it really looks nice on you! And your living room wall color is so nice!! It's such a soothing color!

    xo, sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww. Thanks, Sam! Yeah, luckily I have my own office at work with a large desk that covers anything "showing" when I sit down. It's definitely more of a stand up dress, rather than a sit down one.
      We live four blocks from Long Island Sound so I wanted something beachy but modern on our walls. We painted two walls that color and then a lighter version on the other two walls. And of course I'm a starfish fiend so they are all over. Hmmm. Maybe I should do a post showing some of the rooms of our house. But that would mean massive cleaning. So maybe not. LOL!

      Delete
  6. I love the dress. I certainly don't want a foot of snow either!

    Stop by our blog and enter our
    Giveaway for a personalized necklace made by Sima.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. No snow but it is chilly here.
      Niki

      Delete
  7. What a knock-out outfit! I think your legs look great. Self tanner is a fave of mine too; especially with a short dress! I'm a new follower!

    Hop on over and enter my giveaway:)

    www.closetfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Courtney! I just reapplied my fake bake tonight. Lol.
      Welcome to my blog. I appreciate your support!
      Niki

      Delete
  8. What a knock-out outfit! I think your legs look great. Self tanner is a fave of mine too; especially with a short dress! I'm a new follower!

    Hop on over and enter my giveaway:)
    Closet Fashion Fix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have the link active on the first one:( sorry to repost!! Although I hate to delete my first comment because of your quick and sweet reply! xo

      Delete
  9. You looked gorgeous! I'm kinda obssessed with animal prints. I dont think it's too short on you. All dolled up and pretty as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just posted an article on my British blog about animal prints. Www.theimpossiblegirl.Co.UK
      Niki

      Delete