Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Dress Week - Final Look

I planned to wear this Old Navy dress at the end of the week paired with the Zara flower blazer I bought in NYC. However, I was just going to pair it with some plain black shoes or possibly my bright pink Nine West pumps. However, I saw this inspiration photo from J's Everyday Fashion and thought, "Well heck - that works! And I have similar shoes from Payless."

Of course this look is a bit too harlot for work so the shoes only remained on for the pics. I switched to flats, removed the necklace, and threw on a simple black blazer to blend in better at work. Boring. Yawn. Sometimes I wish I worked for a larger company where I can just be comfortable in the clothes I take pics in. For the most part, I'd say 90% of the time, what you see in the pics is exactly what I wore to work that day.

So there won't be any posts from me on Saturday as hubby and I will be car shopping. I've had my Saturn piece of crap Vue for almost three years now and it's been nothing but problems. Cars shouldn't sound like toilets flushing upon acceleration, right? Yet out of the three dealerships I went to, no one can figure that one out. Yesterday, I had wheel barrings replaced. In February it was the brakes and rotors all the way around. I know a lot of people that love their Saturns and drive them into the ground. I wish this were the case for me, but sadly, it must go. When I was 16 years old, I dreamed of owing a BMW one day. My first car was far from anything that luxurious. So when I was 35, I leased an X3 and drove the sh** out of it for two years. When it was time to turn it in (sniff), the economy was in a much worse state than now. I couldn't justify buying a BMW at the time. I wanted something practical and economical. Well my car proved to be neither. And now that the economy seems to be slowing coming around, I'm going after a pre-owned 3-Series.

So that's the plan for Saturday. I'll be sure to show you what I get on Monday. Hope you enjoyed dress week. Have a great weekend!





(Dress: Old Navy. Very similar here and here. Cute in pink here. Will probably buy this one. | Flower Blazer: Zara. | Shoes: Lela Rose Laser Cut Shooties for Payless. Cute ones hereThese are under $100. Comfortable ones for summer. | Watch: Cartier: Buy it here. | Lipstick: Nars Schiap. Buy it here.}


Hubby couldn't resist taking a pic of Miss Woozie being a nice puppy after play fighting with me and trying to bite my nose off. And no, I'm not having a wardrobe malfunction.


Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. Oh how I love those shoes! I don't think they are too 'harlot' for work! They might inspire some jealousy because they are so striking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Lisa. I've worn them to work before but with a longer skirt or pants. The dress was just a little too short for 4" heels at my workplace. Maybe harlot was a bit extreme but hubby did say 'a little too sexy for work.' I ended up wearing flat black oxfords to work. But i would totally wear this outfit out to dinner or a club.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. lovely :)

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Niki! You still look young and fashionable despite the fact that you are in forty's. Love your outfit for today! And your shoes are to die for!

    PS. Please extend my hugs on your cute little pup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurice - I was very touched by your compliment. That was so sweet and very much appreciated!! Thank you!!!
      Niki

      Delete
    2. STILL look young and fashionable? I had to giggle. I'm sure Laurice meant well, but at 48, I'm feeling a little old...

      Delete
    3. Oh yes, I took it as a compliment. :-) And 48 is not old. I don't feel 40. Do you feel 48? I feel about 32 to be honest. My knees tell me otherwise, however. LOL! In all seriousness, I love being 40 and can't wait to turn 41. :-)

      Delete
  4. It´s great to visit you again and find good stuffs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great look! Love the black and white with the bright accessories!

    ~Meghan

    Voila-Meghan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. that necklace is fabulous!


    xoxo from nyc & http://www.the-beautiful-things.com

    ReplyDelete