Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dorothy Perkins Snake Dress

I wasn't sure how the sizes ran on Dorothy Perkins clothing. I did some research but couldn't find anything really indicating the fit. I ordered two dresses in my usual size 14 and I'm happy to say that the size is true-to-size.

Of course the dresses come with UK price tags and UK sizing on the labels. So a US size 14 is equivalent to a UK 18. I think the quality is pretty good. Had to cut a few straggly strings off this dress. This dress is made of 97% cotton with 3% spandex. It's very comfortable and like most clothes I've received from England, the cut is generous for curvy gals throughout the hips. I have a little bit of wiggle room in the skirt, unlike a lot of skirts from local US retailers. I would say that clothing from Asos tends to be a little more roomier than Dorothy Perkins as DP is more true-to-size. I also think that DP's prices are fantastic and there's usually some percentage off code you can use. In fact, if you sign up for emails, you get 10% off your first order.


{Dress: Dorothy Perkins Snake Print. Buy it here. | Jacket: Forever 21. Similar here. | Necklace: J. Crew | Shoes: Nine West Andriana | Lipstick: Nars Dragon Girl}
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Such a cool snake dress!! And I love the way you paired it with those hot pink pumps!

    And I LOVE your story about Lipstick Jungle!!! :)

    xo, sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My signature pink pumps. I just love them and they are so comfortable and versatile. I was so disappointed when Lipstick Jungle went off the air. And of course SATC. But I'm really looking forward to "Girls" premiering on HBO in a couple of weeks.
      Niki

      Delete