Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Crossing the Pond

{image: blog.tshirtstudio.com}
I have some pretty exciting news today. I've been hired by a company in England to contribute two blog articles per week on The Impossible Girl. As a featured writer, I'll be giving advice to women on how to translate the latest trends to suit their figure and shape. But don't worry. I'm still fully devoted to my own blog and plan to continue to show you outfits of the day, places I visit, and scrumptious food. I consider my blog a glimpse into my personal life, talking about the things that interest, inspire, and motivate me. Although the content will be different on each blog, you may see some of my outfit pictures on The Impossible Girl. I'm super thrilled to be working on this international blog and can't wait to see how it evolves.

Fashion At Forty has opened up a wonderful chapter in my life where I can write creatively. It's a much needed outlet from the technical writing I do in my full-time job. It also keeps me motivated in my weight loss journey as the clothes won't fit if I don't keep on track with my daily online food journaling. I originally started my blog as a way for me to cope with turning 40. But I have to say that turning 40 has been wonderful.  I've never felt this confident or sexy in my entire adult life.

I've never been one to stick with projects for long periods of time. I've tried the jewellery business, coupon business, dabbled in makeup artistry, etc. But I've been a writer and in writing positions since graduating college. It's what I do. It's innate. And the fact that you keep coming back each day, and new subscribers sign up to follow me each week, means you must find what I have to say or how I dress interesting. And for that I'm very grateful!

So be sure to check out the new blog periodically for guidance on how to overcome wardrobe dilemmas and keep following me here for my quirky diatribe, daily outfits, and travel pics (come with me (figuratively) to Austin in May and Florida in June!).

Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. Good Morning Niki, Congratulations!! This is awesome news and well deserved. Your writing comes from the heart, the styling polished & inspirational and it all looks so effortless which of course it is not. Great job! You have accomplished a lot in a short time. This is a time to definitely savor and enjoy! My very best wishes, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. I appreciate your kind words and the encouragement. My brain is constantly swimming with ideas for blog posts so I don't think I'll run out of things to say or to show you guys.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! I'll definitely be checking out your posts. I just took a quick jump over there and it looks like it's a new site. Can't wait to see some stuff on there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy! Yes, it's brand new. Just went live this week. I'm already working on next week's articles so keep checking for new content. I'm adding a link in my blogroll to the new site.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! This is my first time commenting but I've been following you for a couple of months now, and I must say, I really like your style. Please do keep up the good work, as I'm sure you will. Also, I've read somewhere in the Bible where it says a person's gift (thing you are good at) makes way for you. certainly true of your writing. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you. I appreciate that! I'm going to keep blogging on both sites (well on the other site as long as they'll have me).
      Niki

      Delete
  4. Niki, Congratulations! I already added the new blog to my daily reading. I look forward to reading your post everyday. Well done :) Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I look forward to reading your posts. You have a very down-to-earth, "accessible" blog that is a pleasure to read. I'll add your new blog to my reading,too. Thanks!
    ~Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a new site so come back each week. I write 2 articles a week for them.
      Niki

      Delete
  6. This is so great! I just scrolled through several of your posts and you have some pretty amazing outfits. I love the bright colors especially. Congrats on the new writing gig!

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy. Looks like they're doing some maintenance to the site right now as it appears to be down. Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate it!
      Niki

      Delete